1987 19 ft Bomber Vanguard I/O

todhunter

Canoeist
Pull the seats and everything else attached to the floor, pull the engine, and use a multi-tool to cut the tabbing, then rip the floor out. Be prepared to find more rot than just the floor.

tpenfield

Staff member
Welcome to iBoats . . .

Lots of threads on similar restorations in this forum. Also, check out the 'stickies' for additional information.

Post pictures as you go for better input from others who have been there done that.

Do you have the proper ownership paperwork for the boat? Not worth fixing up if you can't get it properly titled/registered.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
How to replace flooring on this boat ?
Welcome aboard

start by going to this sticky. https://forums.iboats.com/threads/how-tos-and-other-great-information.283508/ read links 14, 15, 18, 2, 3, 4a, 4b in their entirety. watch every video, look at every picture.

that will give you the basic understanding.

as stated above, pull the drive and motor, pull the interior, build a cradle, remove the cap, wear PPE cut out the old floor, transom and stringers, grind for a few days, then build it back up.

BrnclBill

Recruit
Welcome to iBoats . . .

Lots of threads on similar restorations in this forum. Also, check out the 'stickies' for additional information.

Post pictures as you go for better input from others who have been there done that.

Do you have the proper ownership paperwork for the boat? Not worth fixing up if you can't get it properly titled/registered.
Clean Florida Title.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Clean Florida Title.
This is not a buy and sell site. However regardless of the status of the title, that boat has a $negative value, meaning, you would need to dump up to $5k into it to have a value of $0

BrnclBill

Recruit
One man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure. Investment is Soley on one's
appreciation of the final product being it mentally satisfying and or Financially or both.

BrnclBill

Recruit
Clean Florida Title. Not for sale. I'm 77 years old and love restoring odd Brand Boats.
I'm a lot slower these days but I get to look at the Progress more than usual. I love this Forum for it's professional and Helpful Information. As a previous Marina Owner/Operator in Key Largo FL. I know you ALWAYS LEARN by asking. Thanks to ALL who are making life easier for us.