1986 Winner 1750 open bow pictures

Moneybob

Recruit
I have a 1986 Winner 1750 that I am thinking of having a restoration done on. The boat is four hours away and packed away for the winter. Does anyone have pictures of an interior that they would be willing to share?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

is this a restoration that you plan on doing yourself? or are you planning to pay someone to do a restoration on it? is this a new to you boat or one you have had for a while?

if you do the work yourself, expect to put about $3k into the hull. and since you mentioned interior, plan on putting at least $2k into the interior.

now you have $5k invested in a boat, that I believe came with a mercruiser 470 motor. so in the end, you still have a boat worth about $2000 with a mercruiser 470

if you plan on paying someone to do the restoration, expect to pay between $7 and $10k for the hull and about $4k for the interior.

Moneybob

Recruit
Thanks for your reply.
I purchased the boat when it was 1 year old; so it has lots of memories of good times. Am currently making memories with the grandkids.
It is an OMC stern drive with a GM V 6 so it is plenty of boat for the lake we are on.
I am planning on having someone else do the work, that’s why I wanted pictures to show them.
Thanks for your numbers, close to what I am getting from the people I’m talking with.
Thanks again.
Bob

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
so the restoration is 100% sentimental. Many are

here is some information that will help

if you can pull the motor and drive yourself, do it. it will save you a few hundred if not about a thousand
if you can remove the interior components yourself, do it, it will save you a few hundred. if you can run them to the upholstery shop yourself, it will save you a few hundred more.