1985 Glastron X-19 Complete Restore

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1985 Glastron X-19 Complete Restore

While out shopping yesterday I noticed one of my local stores having a clearance on marine stuff.

Since I'm shopping fo restoration itmes as well, does any one know if the Attwood Sahara 500 automatic bilge pump is any good? / or big enough for my boat?

Also they had the Swivl-Eze power pedistal for $45 (I'd like to put sockets in th efloor for but seats.

Any Thoughts?

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
The attwood is well known name and the 500 gph is what came out of mine. Our boats aren't that much different from each other.
I'm not sure about the auto part.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hope it thaws out there soon! I can't wait to see your progress on the boat, looks like a nice one! On the pumps, I put in a 750.....that is probably overkill. I do plan on picking up another (500) for a back up....with my luck the day the boat is taking on water will be the one when my pump dies! Last summer I was in the middle of the lake when I thought, "hmmm the boat feels sluggish".....I opened the engine compartment and it had a 1' of water in it.....I almost had to clean my pants! I was about 2 miles from shore! So I turned on the bilge pump and headed for a sandy beach! Fortunately the pump kept up with the water, turns out I had a rubber freeze plug that popped out. I also made sure this one has a float switch!

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

10 degrees here this morning and the wind has picked back up a bit.

I picked up that Attwood 500 Clam with a float for $35 on clearance. I'm also thinking about a second one. the thread I read said to put the second one 2" higher than the first. I think that was probably for automatic operation.

DSC04752.jpg

I'm also looking hard at pedestals for butt seats. I' would probably be fishing more than water sports and thought I should incorporate pedestal mounts in the deck. My local WM has 2 Attwood 24 - 30" power pedestals for $45 each. They're on that same clearance shelf. Trying to figure out whether it's a good deal or not.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

That is how I'm planning on mounting mine, one higher than the other. I'm not sure on the pedistals, I have never priced them.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Working on pics.

Got my "Lido" Gauges in yesterday.:D

DSC04749.jpg

Now I need to start finding switches. I'm thinking about the blue sea Rockers, they come in various switch configurations.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

What color are they when they light up at night? Frisco's video got me to thinking about that. I really don't want the amber.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not sure which your asking about. So here they all are.

LED strips for the gunwales ate amber and white, selectable.

The gauges light up white with red writing.

The blue sea switches are solid plastic with red indicator strips on the rockers.

I'll try to rig up some test runs with a battery and get some pics.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
The gages look good. I'm not sure if I'm going to replace the gages on mine yet or not. I really like the white gages but I also like the gages that show up blue when back-lite at night.
Has your weather broke yet for you?
Good luck man.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wind has been blowing for two days straight. Probably 40 - 50 mph all night. Temp was 15 this morning. The ground is frozen solid.

If you decide to I'll tell you where I got the gauges. $205. He carries the Teleflex and Faria brands mainly.

Off to work!

199q

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I really like those gauges. that gauge panel will be sweet! I am looking forward to seeing your progress on this. I am pretty much at your stage of removal.

your pictures of your gauges might convince me to change mine!!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
Sorry to hear about your weather, However I think it's about the same all the way across the nation.
Hopefully it breaks soon for all of us.
Bob

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I keep hoping to back it out in the middle of the driveway, and take some pics, but the flippin' snow won't melt!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I hear you...its supposed to be 14 for the high here on Friday.....brrrr....need to stock up on propane for the shop heater! I hope it thaws out soon so you can get some work done on the boat!

Friscoboater

Captain

I am not looking forward to this weather. Here in Texas they declare a state of emergency when it gets this cold.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just bought 35 gallons of K-1 for the shop. $103.00 and $40 worth of gas in the car.

At this point, boat rebuilding is sounding cheap!

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Heck my trailer is half burried under snow. After the gelcoat is done I hope the explorer can pull it out.

199q

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No snow here in northern california. just busy with work, and trying to fix up my tow rig.

Pretty foggy though. but cant really complain :D

I need to get my butt in gear and start my thread. I am behind the game here!

robthompson66

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That looks like a nice project, it will be a lot of fun when it's done. That snow looks bad, i'm in Michigan and we don't have any snow like that yet!

Best of luck!
Rob

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got home before dark today. Here's a pic of the progress so far. I'm thinking about the tarp and heat lamp just to melt this stuff! It's been here since the 18th and is supposed to snow again tonight.

Dsc04753.jpg

I have been noticing a good looking upholstery shop on the way home lately. I stopped by and talked to the guy. no prices or anything, but just touching base. Turns out that he had just restored an '86 X-19 just like 199q's a couple of years ago. He showed me pics of how he upholstered it in Red/White/ and Blue, and how his came out. He knows where I'm going with this and seems to be glad to help when it comes to designing the interior and trimming it out.