1985 Glastron X-19 Complete Restore

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: 1985 Glastron X-19 Complete Restore

Hey Mountain_Man,
What's up with the rebuild? What have you decided?
Update>>>>>
Hang in there. :D
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hang in there.....I started with a hull with a tree growing in it :D! Any thoughts on it? Hopefully things have thawed out for you!

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the questions guys,
I see how it is, as people get done . . . . They're going to turn to my thread for entertainment.;)

Still thinking. Every day or two, I stop and look it over for a few minutes on my way to or from work. The next 7 days belong to Uncle Sam, and then most of my bank account! This year I didn't actually procrastinate. I've just been too darn busy. Haven't actually done the figuring yet, but I'll bet it'll be around 8-9k.

I really want to play with the motor some more and changes are not out of the question. As I discovered last time, no fire at the plugs, and weak fire at the coil. Points and wires aren't very expensive, and a cap,coil, and plugs should get me warmed up. I bought a primer bulb to use with a gas can the other day. Could be that a little run may break the rings loose, OR break the rings.:eek: Had to get a new o-ring for my compression gauge fitting, so it's ready for a leak-down test.

Main problem is time. With summer coming on, The yard work is going to take some of my time too. I only have 3 acres to mow. If nothing else, maybe I'll get this started and take a lot of dusty pics every week or two.

Thanks again for the curiosity, Maybe I'll take pics of the lathe we're starting to build at work. 1500kw 480v motor turning a high flow 2800psi hyd pump, turning a 250HP high torque/low speed hyd vane motor. The design is supposed to turn 12' diameter steel. (yep that is 12 foot stock) My boss comes up with some wild ideas.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Wow Mountain_Man,
First, I'm glad you haven't given up yet.
I would like to tell Uncle Sam where to get off, Myself.
That's one Heck of a lathe too.
Glad to hear any updates from you.
Take care and keep plugging away.
Bob
PS. Donor boats aren't hard to find either.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I was wondering the same thing! Hopefully you are thawed out now! :D

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry for not getting back guys,

I know my thread seems to have hit a dead end. I haven't given up, I just can't find time to do anything. With this new job I've been working 7-7 M-F and then going and working my self employment job on weekends. I can't even find time to cut the grass!:mad:

I know this rebuild probably won't be done this summer. I guess I seem to have gotten in over my head with the amount of work I have now. I'm trying to figure out how to set aside a fixed time to work on the boat each week. I'll try to show some progress soon. :redface:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Mitch,

Glad to hear you are busy making money! That is a little hard to come by these days! Hopefully you will have a little free time to spend on the boat soon. Thanks for the update!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
Glad to hear you are at least working.
Just do what you can when you can. It really isn't a race, or you and me would be losing.:p
Stay in touch.
Bob