1983 26' Starcraft Sportfisherman 261V Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1983 26' Starcraft Sportfisherman 261V Rebuild

cabin 1.jpgcabin 2.jpgcabin 3.jpgcabin 4.jpgcabin 5.jpg

This boat eerily resembles an Islander... what do you think? This Austrailian Starcrafts transom resembles my 1986 191v OB's, but the Gunwale is different at the Cuddy. I suspect the half cabin is custom work.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That boat is tremendous, with a tremendous price tag to match, icarumba.

Yah, I think I'll just stick with my big boat on a little tiny budget plan, that seems to be way more my style;)

attachment.php

what do you think?

Hey Viking, welcome to iboats!

Man, that is a sweet rig, I really like the simple white over blue scheme, pretty awesome:D

dozerII

Admiral

That boat is tremendous, with a tremendous price tag to match, icarumba.

Yah, I think I'll just stick with my big boat on a little tiny budget plan, that seems to be way more my style;)

Hey Viking, welcome to iboats!

Man, that is a sweet rig, I really like the simple white over blue scheme, pretty awesome:D

Come on Jason put a little color in your life, :eek:

barato2

Commander

uh, Jason, i think a CANADIAN just told you that you were boring :facepalm: :D

my big boat on a little tiny budget plan

yeah, motor noises are cheaper than running motors ;)

Last edited:

theoldwizard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

jas, I found this aluminum factory build thread on another forum and thought of your pilot house plan.
I used to dream about pilot house boats and Armstrong was at the top of my list ! I never understood why some of them have that forward lean windshield. I guess you can get the wheel up closer to front of the boat and the sun won't be in your face until it is low in the sky.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

jas, I found this aluminum factory build thread on another forum and thought of your pilot house plan.

Just a point of clarification....

Those big boat photos I posted earlier, I'm not headed down the pilot house road with this 261. Those photos were just for inspiration is all:joyous:

Triton II

Commander

I never understood why some of them have that forward lean windshield. I guess you can get the wheel up closer to front of the boat and the sun won't be in your face until it is low in the sky.

Just a thought, could it be because waves breaking over the bow won't hit the screen head on?

TII

jbcurt00

Staff member

Just a thought, could it be because waves breaking over the bow won't hit the screen head on? TII
Yep, and reduced glare, additional overhead electronics, and the forward rake sheds water quicker.

barato2

Commander

plus we all never quite outgrew playing with tugboats....:D

henry creviston

Recruit

well people in the up north Michigan, it was a nice 70 plus in Missouri today and and my 26ft starcraft I bought in lake hubbard Michigan is almost ready for lake Michigan in june at Manistee .... from the helm to the stern inboard is all been done,,,, it is same color , make, and model as jasons....

henry creviston

Recruit

Jason if you can tex me at EDIT: Phone number removed, see forum rules I would like to share some pics of my boat with you at the moment I haven't posted any on here,,,,,, has anyone in Michigan ever heard of the boat called " ally-opp" ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Jason if you can tex me at 636-XXX-XXXX
Welcome to iboats henry, I'd suggest you PM Jas about any pix or post them in a thread about your boat. I'm sure all the tin boat nuts would LOVE to see pix of a restored 26ft'r. AND redact your phone #. I'd never post my # in an open public forum, and it violates the user agreement for the iboats forums.

Might be just a bit before Jas is ready to splash this rig :watermelon:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey Henry, welcome to iboats!

I know the guys and I would love to see your rig:thumb:

Like JB mentioned, you'll want to go back and edit out your phone #. Go ahead and start up a new thread and post some photos using photobucket.

Cheers :welcome:

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to iboats henry, I'd suggest you PM Jas about any pix or post them in a thread about your boat. I'm sure all the tin boat nuts would LOVE to see pix of a restored 26ft'r. AND redact your phone #. I'd never post my # in an open public forum, and it violates the user agreement for the iboats forums.

Henry, I would also look at changing my user name as well as removing your phone number. Not to be a know it all but I can tell you what you address is there in Warren County as well as your address up in Mt Morris, MI..... Just from those 2 things and all free/public websites on the internet...

Please be careful with what you share on the public forum, just saying!....

SMG

barato2

Commander

I can tell you what you address is there in Warren County as well as your address up in Mt Morris, MI.....

that, and the fact that way too many folks here would kill for a 26' :eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I can tell you what you address is there in Warren County as well as your address up in Mt Morris, MI.....

that, and the fact that way too many folks here would kill for a 26' :eek:

B2 - Me thinks you have been dealing too long with the wrong element in your job. :) But yes, even some of the fine upstanding folks here would kill for a 26'er. :lol:

henry creviston

Recruit

Ok guys im on it, it may be harleyman when you see me next time.

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Jas I know you've been busy over there and all, but is the 261v gunna get any facetime this spring?

:noidea::fish2::popcorn::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.