Not open for further replies.

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Very nice. Impressive engineering. Vac will be here before you know it

jbcurt00

Staff member

W/ all the glasser that have gone under the saw around your boathouse, got any pedastals/seats already on-site?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey thanks fellas! I'm really happy with how that turned out. That whole stern side set up has been a challenge but I think it worked out well.:joyous:

Here's my short list:

1. Pedestal Seats

2. Snap In Carpet

3. VHF and Antenna

The finish line is in sight!!!!

That list is only about three items shorter than the Islander if you group properly

1. Seats

2; Finish floors

3. Electrical

4. Engine rigging/steering

5. Plumbing.

Heck, I was wrong, only two shorter, :lol:

The old SN is looking real good, Jas. She's gonna be great seeking specs, flounder and red fish around HHI.

Triton II

Commander

GREAT job on the sliding seat base Jas. It has ticked all the right boxes... seat, fish platform, storage unit, bomber built, looks factory! Excellent work. :D

TII

Xeroman

Recruit

I'm a bit of a newbie. I've been looking through a lot of stuff in a lot of projects here because of a project I've got going. I am extremely impressed with your work here. You make me wish I wasn't as far along as I am so that I could incorporate a few of your ideas. My project is an '84, 16' Sylvan given to me by a neighbor who moved to NV. I've got the same motor you do. I didn't catch how fast your boat went, but when my neighbor still had it, his old fish ID pro said 60mph. So when you were talking warp speed - on the water that's about as fast as I want to go. Anyway, I just had to sound off that your boat is one of the most beautiful jobs I've seen here! Way to go man!!! You set that bar way higher than I can reach.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

300 - Thanks man! Smokes am I ever looking forward to getting down to the southland for some R&R and time on the water, can't wait:joyous:

JB - Nah, no pedestals, I sold what I had. I bought a pair but returned em as they wouldn't have worked. So, need to score those yet, I have my eye on a few deals.

GA - Yur a punk! But I'd take you no other way bro:cool:

TII - Thanks man! Ah, I don't think it's a factory looking job necessarily, really appreciate the compliment though. Looks pretty good, functional, beefy, good storage, nearly no $$ into it, heck I'm good with that!

I'm a bit of a newbie. I've been looking through a lot of stuff in a lot of projects here because of a project I've got going. I am extremely impressed with your work here. You make me wish I wasn't as far along as I am so that I could incorporate a few of your ideas. My project is an '84, 16' Sylvan given to me by a neighbor who moved to NV. I've got the same motor you do. I didn't catch how fast your boat went, but when my neighbor still had it, his old fish ID pro said 60mph. So when you were talking warp speed - on the water that's about as fast as I want to go. Anyway, I just had to sound off that your boat is one of the most beautiful jobs I've seen here! Way to go man!!! You set that bar way higher than I can reach.

Xero, welcome to iboats dood! Thanks for stopping in and really appreciate the props:saturn:

So, freebee Sylvan, totally awesome!!! You should post up some photos here on the Boat Build forum so we can check it out.

60 with a 90 horse on a 16 footer you say? Eh, I'm not so sure that's possible actually. Unless your 16 footer is just the super light utility version, then maybe?? With a huge prop? I dunno.

This rig goes in the 43ish range. I think if I emptied it out and put on a SS prop I could get a few more ticks on the GPS speedo.

Anyhow, 60 on that small/light boat, I'd be:scared: Mid 40's is plenty for me and my crew:friendly_wink:

Cheers!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

...and I installed the Fire Extinguisher down here under the port console...
P1090949.jpg

Otta the way, still easy to grab.

Cheers:joyous:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Mounting it horizontal will keep it from packing all of the powder in the bottom end over time,....

I was gonna mention that earlier and forgot,...

I guess great minds think alike,...............lol,....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A little under powered, isn't it? I think you'll blow right past the church. Hang on, Nellie!

Decker83

Commander

Jas. Been some time since I posted, but I have been :peep: in once in a while..
The rear deck is fantastic.. I really like the way you come up with ideals and make them look so professional..
Watching your work brings me just to close to tasting the kool-aid..:fear:
Have a great week..

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Look out Jas,...............

We've got yous outnumbered!!!!,..............................lmao,.....

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Very nice job! Let me know when your ready to start on my Sea Nymph, lol.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

A little under powered, isn't it? I think you'll blow right past the church. Hang on, Nellie!

My bride is always yallering at me...

"Ja! We are going to be late for church! You know I hate being late for church!!!"

You spose that monster OB with tiller arm would help??:pray:

Jas. Been some time since I posted, but I have been :peep: in once in a while..
The rear deck is fantastic.. I really like the way you come up with ideals and make them look so professional..
Watching your work brings me just to close to tasting the kool-aid..
Have a great week..

Decker! Great to see ya! Ah, you love the KoolAid my friend...
:hippie:

I think that guy is smart! TILLER!!!

Look out Jas,...............

We've got yous outnumbered!!!!,..............................lmao,.....

:tinfoil3:^^^^^:tinfoil3:

Very nice job! Let me know when your ready to start on my Sea Nymph, lol.

Thanks Bruce! Bah, I do have this other project I'm kinda working on yet:car:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, quick progress update...

I grabbed a big rug for snap in carpet, stay tuned for that action.

And, pedestal seats are en route.

:rockon::rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.