1979 Bomber Bandit Transom repair

botwell82

Cadet
I just acquired a free 79 bomber bandit and on first inspection the transom appears completely rotten... I am new to boating and boats in general. Should I remove the top cap from the hull completely and go in that way or is that going to be way more trouble than what its worth... just looking for some ideas and a good starting point. Its an outboard 115hp Johnson. Also looking for some input on replacing the steering cable

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1979 Bomber Bandit Transom repair

Welcome to iboats botwell82

This isn't exactly a prop question, moving to Boat Restoration and Hull Repair forum.

rickryder

Commander

You have come to the right place! You can find all the info on restoring your boat here!

Post some pics of your project so we can see what your working with :) I know the guys will be more than happy to give you pointers and get you started.

botwell82

Cadet

Thanks Don and Ricky.. I tried posting over in the boat restorationforum but it siad its not accepting new posts so I decided to post here hoping to get a lil help.. Ricky Im gonna start on it this weekend and will be happy to post some pics of my progress so I can get some pointers will take all the advice I can get.

rickryder

Commander

Thats good Botwell Fill out your profile when ya get a moment too so we know where yer from :)
BTW my name is Rick my son is Ricky. No harm just pointing it out to ya :D

botwell82

Cadet

sorry for the mix up... and workin on the profile now