1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Progress finally!!!

Been working on the motor the past few evenings and also rounding up some parts. I'm replacing all the rubber hoses, rebuilding the carbs, putting new thermostats and diaphrams in, new spark plugs, and I ordered a new non-VRO fuel pump. I still need to get a new impeller, and also check the lower unit over. I bought a set of OEM service manuals for it like 4 years ago and now wouldn't you know they are MIA. I wanted to do a "link and sync" as well and need those books. I know they have to be here somewhere in this house.

Did you look in the magazine rack in the head? :rolleyes:

Get the motor purring and you have to go for a splash! Good to see you're getting motivated again. DJ.

Last edited:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
First time at posting a video?..

https://youtu.be/7nVJL23IXPE

So all 4 carbs got cleaned and kits put in, floats set, new fuel pump, all new fuel and water hoses, new thermostats and diaphragms, and new plugs. Once i find my manuals ill do a link and sync. Glad she ran!!!

Last edited:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Scraped the deck with a razor blade tonight getting the rest of the leftover glue from the vinyl fiasco of 2 years ago. Tried a DA sander and belt sander but they just loaded up real quick. The razor blade worked good. I have a couple spots to touch up with epoxy and then I can cut some carpet.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Finished scraping the deck and did a little carpet fitting. Got to find my knee pads....

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Got it all trimmed up tonight. There is about 2" overlap all the way around. The plan is to glue the deck carpet down and let cure, then run a blade all the way around cutting two layers, then glue the seams.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looking like a cozy nest with the carpet on the side too, DJ. This is going to turn out real nice.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
I know these pics kind of all look the same, but that deck carpet is now glued down! It went pretty well. Still paranoid about bubbles popping up though. lol

Last edited:

sprintst

Commander
The 140 runs like a top man. Keep on sneaking in time to get her finished then you can use it 5 times in two years like me :). Next summer is the year of boating for sure. Actually I'll try to use it a bunch of times in July and Aug to get my moneys worth.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Yes Dave I'd think we all would finally like to see it all put together gonna look sharp.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
The 140 runs like a top man. Keep on sneaking in time to get her finished then you can use it 5 times in two years like me :). Next summer is the year of boating for sure. Actually I'll try to use it a bunch of times in July and Aug to get my moneys worth.

Thanks! Long time no see! How you been?

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Yes Dave I'd think we all would finally like to see it all put together gonna look sharp.

Thanks. Won't get back to finishing the carpet until next week. We are going camping tomorrow thru Sunday. Then a week home and then a week up at Mackinaw for the week before the 4th......

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Had some stickers made to replicate the emblems. Turned out great IMO.....

Might even stick one on tonight!