1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

wilkboater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
63 pages!!! I almost skipped supper for this thread. Millions (well...hundreds) of us want to see the finished product. I'm trying to be supportive and encouraging....and get to see the finished boat. :)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
That darn boat work!

It's like you have to "make time" for it because they won't fix themselves!:facepalm:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
I've been lurking patiently, Dave. Any updates?

Not yet. I have one more project getting in the way.....replacing exhaust manifold gasket on my Jeep. Then it's on to deck carpet in the boat.

Have you been using your SS much?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Just snooping about trying to find buried tin treasure in amongst the hordes of itching glass threads. Nice work DJ :thumb:

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer
Have you been using your SS much?
With any luck, I'll be. Catching up to you.
20140814_173602.jpg

snowfish1

Recruit
Been over 4 years now, hope you get it finished up by next year. Been watching and waiting. I'm sure it will be an awesome boat! I'll have to come over to lake Michigan and check it out.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Hey all, I thought I'd pop in and post so I don't expire! I'm thinking of finishing the carpet Turkey Day weekend. I need to get back to this.

Anyone know what's up with Jason (Jasoutside)???

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just in time Dave, the SOTY 2014 window is closing.

Got until Dec 31 to get her wet :) Plenty of soft water to be found, what 6-700 mi due south of you? 8-900mi tops ;)

Someone @ the SC forum mentioned talking to him recently, swamped w/ new job and apparently there's another hard to port turn coming to a topless islander near you.

NO, NOT this guy:
1firedance.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Dave, get that carpet done. :D The topic never expires for you as the OP, only for us. You can post any time you want.

I saw the post JB mentioned. Hoping Jason comes around some.

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hey all, I thought I'd pop in and post so I don't expire! I'm thinking of finishing the carpet Turkey Day weekend. I need to get back to this.

Anyone know what's up with Jason (Jasoutside)???

Maybe Jas brought another boat home, and his wife buried him in it? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
You still working on this thing? :D

Well......I'm still thinking about working on it again. Does that count?

Not going to help that the only thing the wife wanted for Christmas was for me to do some "honey-do's" around the house.

64osby

Admiral
Tell her "one for one" , one part on the boat one "do" on the house. Works for me.!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Hey, I'm still here! I'm starting to think about the boat again, I know, I've said it before. I got my garage all organized last night which is a good start. The carpet hasn't layed itself so thats first up. I also got the motor in my work area. Going to go through the carbs and fuel pump and give it a good going over. Its been 2 years since it has run on the stand and 4.5 years since its run on the boat. I have a goal to splash this thing this year even if its not completely finished. I'll post pics when things happen.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome back DJ

CBK swung thru a couple days ago, nice to see you guys the old joint.

Look forward to seeing it come together

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Progress finally!!!

Been working on the motor the past few evenings and also rounding up some parts. I'm replacing all the rubber hoses, rebuilding the carbs, putting new thermostats and diaphrams in, new spark plugs, and I ordered a new non-VRO fuel pump. I still need to get a new impeller, and also check the lower unit over. I bought a set of OEM service manuals for it like 4 years ago and now wouldn't you know they are MIA. I wanted to do a "link and sync" as well and need those books. I know they have to be here somewhere in this house.

Hopefully in a week or so i can fire it up and post a video.

Proof:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
DJ,
I did not go back to the read yet...but what type of engine is that a Johnson?
Thanks KC