1978 16ft Super Sport Rustoration

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
Just stumbled upon this thread, your boat is/was identical to mine! You're making fast progress! I'm excited to see how it turns out.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sprayed the consoles and the bow seating support today. Came out alright, good enough for the girls I run with.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just stumbled upon this thread, your boat is/was identical to mine! You're making fast progress! I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Yours turned out great by the way, hope mine turns out half as nice.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That's a great feeling to have when the aroma of drying paint is in the air. Looking really good!

What paint did you use?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
In defense of the aluminum, it's not warped or bent. I'm just that fat. LOL

I read some where that shiny paint adds ten pounds to a reflection. So you aren't that fat! LOL

All lookin' good! :thumb:

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Still plugging away at interior stuff. Got the wood cut for the dash panels and got the bow seating cushions recovered. Not a super professional job but they will work. Miss my old neighbor that did upholstery work.

Picture looks kinda brown but it's a medium gray color.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Cool thing my neighbor showed me...... I was able to reuse the old foam using a trick he showed me. The foam after it gets old starts to flatten out and the corners of the foam lose their shape. I watched him redoing some cushions one time. He took a garment steamer for getting wrinkles out of clothes and ran it across the foam. The heat and moisture puffed the foam back out. Corners were 90 degrees again and it grew about an inch in height, I was amazed. Give it a try.

GA_Boater

Don't knock the cushion job, CB. Looks good to me.

Will the steamed foam stay fluffed for a while?

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Seemed too, he did it to a campers cushions of ours and they stayed nice for the couple years we had it.

GA_Boater

Good! Has to be Admiral approved, unlike mixing paint with her blender or parts cleaning in the dish washer. Or so I've heard. :rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Hey ol friend, I like your new hull, perfect do all boat eh:thumb:

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You are a few steps ahead of me and looking good. How thick was the foam on the bow seats? Are you attaching by rivets?

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
With the way this spring is going it should be about August before it gets warm enough to paint this thing. Supposed to get like 3" of friggin snow tonight.

Got the dash pieces wrapped in vinyl and switch panel and power outlet mounted. Need to put the aluminum trim pieces back on the edges yet.

Had a little fun with the laser cutter. Designed and cut some new step pads for the rails and a new super sport badge for the dash out of stainless.

Last edited:

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Those look fantastic CB, I really like the Super Sport emblem you made.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Nice job on the vinyl for the dash pieces. Super nice job on the emblems.:encouragement: Very snazzy.