1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
Looks good! Nice progress. The transom looks good. That was one of the major hurdles with your project and I think you did a good job of reworking that keyhole so you can install the Mercruiser.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
It's really exciting seeing the floor go back in. Great work without a pattern!

baldwibr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bet it feels good to have something more than bare metal in there. Nicely done!

Decker83

Commander
Looks good! Nice progress. The transom looks good. That was one of the major hurdles with your project and I think you did a good job of reworking that keyhole so you can install the Mercruiser.

Welcome aboard. Thanks for your kind words. It was a bit of a challenge.. I just hope I got the dimensions right..

Decker83

Commander
It's really exciting seeing the floor go back in. Great work without a pattern!

Thanks for stopping by nrf414 Yeah I did get excited. Just wish I had your energy. Your moving super fast on yours.:rockon:

Decker83

Commander
I bet it feels good to have something more than bare metal in there. Nicely done!

Welcome aboard baldwir Glad you stopped by.. Yeah I have been walking on ribs way to long now.. Feels really good to just see some wood in the boat..

Decker83

Commander
Well it rained off and on today, so no boat work. I did get a chance to work some on Saturday.
I finished the last piece of the floor.. I also glued and screwed some backer pieces on.
Hope to start sealing the floor next weekend..
100_4003.JPG100_4002.JPG

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for stopping by nrf414 Yeah I did get excited. Just wish I had your energy. Your moving super fast on yours.:rockon:

Thanks my friend!! Mine sat upside down in my garage for almost three months without any work so I have some catching up to do.

The real fun starts when the stuff starts going back in!! I've learned a lot for sure!! Most if the tasks can be intimidating but really aren't that scary. Just dig in!! Figuring it out as you go is half the fun. :becky:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah Decker I spent many a rainy day sitting inside my boats perfecting motor boat noises and planning.

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah Decker I spent many a rainy day sitting inside my boats perfecting motor boat noises and planning.

And I thought only I did that! Ha ha! My sweetie will catch me staring into space while sitting in the boat and say "What's wrong?" And I'm like "Nothing... just planning everything out." She says: "Again?!?!?"

Decker83

Commander
Welcome aboard Renderwurx..
Thanks for all the great comments guys.. Sure helps reading them when I come in all sore from working on this boat all day..

Have all the backer boards glued and screwed and one coat of the OTF and two coats of spar varnish on one side.
I ran the backer boards continuous down both sides so I didn't have to worry about the placement of the seats.. I still need to order the seat bases.. I also placed some backer boards where the consoles will screw down.
I plan to spray some gray oil base paint on the underside of the floor tomorrow.
Here's a couple of pics..
100_4004.JPG100_4005.JPG100_4007.JPG Don't forget to set the clocks up 1 hour tonight..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah you should be able to land some aircraft on your deck :lol: