1977 16ft SC Holiday re-do

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Still have some minor tweaking and fasten the SS continuous double offset piano hinge before I seal the 3/4" ply. IMG_1081.jpg

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
So glad to have this part of the re-do in my rear view mirror....bench seat tucked nicely under flip over decking!
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1079.jpg Views:	1 Size:	631.9 KB ID:	10613925

Last edited:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Next up after securing the decking down will be the install of the revamped splashwell.....miniaturized!!! Then the ice cream on the cake....rigging of the 2018 mutter in Phantom Black:D Hopeful of a mid August splash....fingers crossed.

Last edited:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Port side Tempress hatch will be a livewell and Starboard side will be a cooler....for now anyway. I ordered 2 of the liners for them and expecting them any day now. I may install them as 2 livewells :D

Tnstratofam

Commander
Sweet! I like the way the bench seat folds out of site. 2 live wells are nice, but having a cooler full of frosty beverages and snacks that is fixed in place is pretty sweet too.

I can almost here the Benny Hill theme song playing as we are heading up the lake and our cooler dances all about the deck. I've really got to look into a cooler tie down system for our boat.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looking good, nicely done!

Are you covering the face of the rear deck ply with something or making a hatch in it?

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sweet! I like the way the bench seat folds out of site. 2 live wells are nice, but having a cooler full of frosty beverages and snacks that is fixed in place is pretty sweet too.

I can almost here the Benny Hill theme song playing as we are heading up the lake and our cooler dances all about the deck. I've really got to look into a cooler tie down system for our boat.

Thanks for stopping by Tn. Good point made with the cooler option, taken! Some use their livewells as coolers I believe? Not sure as I never owned a boat with one. Accomplishing the flip and tuck factor was a trial to say the least. I'll add 2 straps with snaps to hold the bench top section from opening when tucked...Love Benny Hill btw!

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking good, nicely done!

Are you covering the face of the rear deck ply with something or making a hatch in it?

Thanks for popping Wm. My plan as of today :Dwill be to cover all the plywood used for the rear casting deck and seat components with Nautolex. The top and front lip of the base deck, wrap the plywood which the seat is fastened to, the face board below the decking and also wrap the backboard which is the 'leg' for when in it's in the flip position. On the face board below the decking, my plan is to cut out & install a 10x13" tempress lid [centered] for access and 2 8"subwoofers on either sides. MUST have tunes!

Last edited:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Question for you lads concerning livewell plumbing. Is it possible to use one fitting on the exterior of the hull above the waterline for 2 livewells and bilge to discharge and/or overflow, or should they each have their own?

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Question for you lads concerning livewell plumbing. Is it possible to use one fitting on the exterior of the hull above the waterline for 2 livewells and bilge to discharge and/or overflow, or should they each have their own?

You could use the single intake and pump but I would suggest using a LW pump with a high GPH. Use a Y fitting to split it too rather than a T. As far as discharge goes they'll need their own over flow out the sides, 1-1/8".

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the help as usual M8! I completed some smalls this week getting ready for the re-power.
Fuel filler, vent and bilge discharge location.

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Fabbed and installed the redesigned splashwell and drilled for the drainage tubes

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
And a bit of an early b-day prezzie from my Admiral is in....

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Today, I'm planning on getting the nfb and controls in place along with the rigging of the motor and fuel tank hoses hooked up. I must admit, I'm pretty stoked....inching closer and closer by the day......Got my sites on Saturday!

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
You asked then you shall receive Watermann.....This is what WAS in the box my friend....
https://youtu.be/WlLNgVUDzTM

SPLASHED!!! 27 glorious months of blood,sweat and tears and a few bucks over budget :D has paid off M8s!!!

Last edited: