1976 25 ft Wellcraft Nova with cabin

erikgreen

Captain
Re: 1976 25 ft Wellcraft Nova with cabin

Well here is an off topic queestion i am gonna put a 350 chevy marine motor in this beast my question is how do you kno which rotation you need and also wht is the hight aprox once mounted so i know how big the "doghouse" needs to be

If you only have one engine, standard rotation is fine.

The doghouse height depends on a lot of factors, but to get it as small as possible, you'll want to figure out how high the engine will stand off the engine mounts. The engine has to line up with the transom perfectly, so it sets the height of everything around it.

How high the engine pokes up depends on the total height, which can vary according to what air cleaner you have on it, height of intake manifold, and what motor mounts you have.

I'd recommend either building a doghouse with a fudge factor or else waiting until the motor's in place and measuring.

Whatever you do, make sure the engine is ventilated with a power blower.

Erik

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

well instead of repainting the floor i have found this stuff i am going to lay over the fiberglass to give texture to the floor :D and its pretty cheap so it is in my budget http://www.garysupholstery.com/deckodot.html

Very nice looking product! Hope you show some pictures installed soon as I am right around the corner on decided what to do with my new deck.

mzonko

Seaman Apprentice

i was wonderin if ne1 knew what size gas tank was in this beast

jonesg

Admiral

1976 gas tank? its probably shot anyway, if its still ok ( I doubt) then the fuel hoses are definately gone so you're gonna have to get in there.

mzonko

Seaman Apprentice

yeah its a 1976 gas tank was goint ot pull it out and have it inspected my dad was just wondering what size tank it was cause it is long almost the length of the deck

mzonko

Seaman Apprentice

well i was working on the boat today didnt get to much done removed all the old wiring and accesories stuf like that found a plate on the gas tank says its 108 gallons

mzonko

Seaman Apprentice

Got the steering column and stuff on there had to cut it apart with a sawzaw lol the screws holding the thing on there where frozen could even get thm off with a drill but gotit off so coming slowley

mzonko

Seaman Apprentice

OK so i think i have broken at least 2 flat head screwdrivers trying to remove o two pedastal seats the screws in the floor are really on there powerdrill wont even budge them