1976 22' SUS O/B "Hydration Break"

DWbaseball

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the tips and advice along the way! It's a total Thanks to iBoats for giving me the inspiration to get here.

Headed out next this Wednesday and will maybe remember to take my own pictures.

I have to swap out my prop for a little higher pitch as I am slightly over rev at full throttle so I got that taken off today. I'll then try to give a better report on top speed.

I can tell I am getting great fuel efficiency and therefore feel very good about my range with 20 gallons main + two 6 gallon portables of gas. Need to start trying to get a better measure of gph though now that I am past the initial break in runs.

No more boat projects have been completed haha!

DWbaseball

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Another very successful boat trip on Wednesday. We covered a lot of miles starting in PA and going south on the Delaware River and then all the way across the C&D canal and a little further to the Bohemia River area and back. Three states in all will have to try to calculate the miles maybe need to find out if that data is in my Garmin.

By the end of the trip my main gas tank of 20 gallons was reading on empty so I switched to the portable tanks for the first time without a hiccup. Might have made it back on only the main but didn't want it to suck dry in the middle of the river.

My Prop change was a success I am now running a 14.5x19p aluminum prop and was hitting about 5800 rpms at full throttle and trimmed out. That had me moving about 38 mph gps speed and I managed to hit 40 as a max speed with four on board. I didn't feel like I was missing my hole shot either so I'm going to call this prop a winner.

I am also really pleased with the anchoring setup I have on the bow. I have anchored up now three times in 6-10 feet of water and it has been plenty easy to deploy and retrieve. I have a Guardian (by fortress) 4 lb aluminum with a good length of chain and it has held fine with boat wakes coming through.

Next on my list is to catch my first fish on board!

Happy boating everyone!IMG_20240619_162648978.jpg

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
Glad you found a prop that works well and are enjoying the water! Sometimes I get a little jealous of all the water you guys have access to in the NE!!

DWbaseball

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Still not taking lots of pics but here are a few from the past two weeks on the water.

30104.jpegIMG_20240707_133418272.jpg
IMG_20240707_133449069_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240704_104005367.jpgIMG_20240707_141939643_HDR.jpg

Also from today a progress pic of the side cushions I am working on for the bow seating. White diamond vinyl is the same patterning as my blue side boards. Thinking they will turn out nice.

IMG_20240709_202941977.jpg

Happy Summer all!

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Taking pictures while boating is always hard. lol

SHSU

Gibbles

Commander
Taking pictures while boating is always hard. lol

SHSU

at least it's easier than it was, back in the day we had to have our images hosted and then post them.

I wish the software would take a direct copy paste from the windows clipping tool, but it's still pretty easy.

Now remembering to take pictures is another story.
I had my phone out and ready to take pictures, then decided "let me get the trailer parked first".
On my way back I totally forgot about it. :poop: