Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1976 16ft Starcraft super sport , new guy

500 and I'll drive there to get it. From Washington State

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

High roller in the house, I'm out.

All IN!!!! plus a title to a vintage 68 Holiday!...

ahhhhh..Who am I kidding..I got nuthin..

Pharoh..
You have us all worked up with your 100.00 bargain!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

High roller in the house, I'm out.

Not a high roller LOL I paid $800 for my 16 SS in Oregon drove 400 miles to get it . It was a piece of S^^%%^. The motor was almost ok So I paid $ 800 2 new trailer tires $100, bearings $55 gas to and from 54 gal at $ 2.97 and the cost of a total rebuild $ 1200. ( Above what I already spent.) I just want to get something worth the $$$$$ LOL Great buy and you will enjoy it. Mine is a GREAT River boat. Small and quick.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Pharoah the rig looks sweet, congrats on the best deal anyone's ever gotten on a SuperSport.:cool:

Don't worry whether or not the Force runs(it might be on the dark side), consider it buying the boat and the motor/trailer were free.

By the way...Don't sell it for less than $1000:D:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Pharoah the rig looks sweet, congrats on the best deal anyone's ever gotten on a SuperSport.:cool:

Don't worry whether or not the Force runs(it might be on the dark side), consider it buying the boat and the motor/trailer were free.

By the way...Don't sell it for less than $1000:D:D

Dude, he has a Johnson on the back there! No Force, how awesome is that! Yah, he wins the best SS deal contest, hands down!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Dude, he has a Johnson on the back there! No Force, how awesome is that! Yah, he wins the best SS deal contest, hands down!

OK...now I'm really jealous...:D

Just think how much cash you have leftover for worms and gas:cool:

Pharaoh

Cadet

Thanks guys believe me I know what a deal I got on it lol and Im NOT planning on selling it at least not till Im done lol and have had aloft of fun with it .. not sure if the engine runs yet or not Ill find that out this weekend .. it how ever does turn over but I didnt have any fuel .. Im going to put a com[pression check on it .. my friend I got it from said it ran like a top last time he used it ... now that from what I can tell was 97 (tabs)
but he said he sea foamed the cyclinders and ran stable in the fuel I trust him alot so Im betting it will fire .. not that Im not going to have another friend go through the whole engine .. not a tear down but just check everything out redo the carbs and such

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I also notice it was a early Johnson Motor the Same vintage as my new addition and it had not been run in eight years and sat out along the Ocean. Put fresh gas in it Primed the cyl and a small shot of starter fluid and it did not hardly turn over before it fired right up. Ran a bit carb cleaner on the local lake and never looked back great motor those Johnsons were fine the 200 I have on my big boat is a 1976 the smalles one is a 1984 both run great.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Watch the pee hole for water after you connect the mufs on the motor NEVER run one even for a second with out the water to the engine as it will destroy the water pump. Which by the way you will probably need to replace even if it pumps water when you get it started

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I doubt that Johnny has a tell tale Puget.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Me thinks you are right. My 75 200 does not, the 84- 50hp does-

fshngho

Lieutenant

Tell tale or not, you have to put it in a tank to check it. Using ears on a hose is misleading. You would be using the pressure from the hose not the water impeller.
Thanks for out bidding me guys, gee, I was just trying to do Pharaoh a favor:rolleyes:

(heh heh)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I think they started adding the telltales around '79-'80. While running in a barrel is a better way to test your water pump, I'd caution you while doing this. You need to have it submerged way more than you think you do. Just dunking it a little past the intakes isn't going to do it. The pump is mounted on the top of the lower unit and needs to be completely submerged (I learned this the hard way and made an unecessary trip to the mechanic). All this is kinda moot though cuz your impeller should be changed regardless after all that time laid up.

Pharaoh

Cadet

I think they started adding the telltales around '79-'80. While running in a barrel is a better way to test your water pump, I'd caution you while doing this. You need to have it submerged way more than you think you do. Just dunking it a little past the intakes isn't going to do it. The pump is mounted on the top of the lower unit and needs to be completely submerged (I learned this the hard way and made an unecessary trip to the mechanic). All this is kinda moot though cuz your impeller should be changed regardless after all that time laid up.

Ill be useing the lake where I live to test the engine . My borther lives on it and we built our own boat ramp in his back yard so I can tie it to the dock and check out the engine ...

Pharaoh

Cadet

Ok guys Im back I got a bit side track on working on my starcraft I was busy building a 62 Impalla . Well anyhow Im back . today I completly gutted the boat right now its an empty hull . I desided to redo everything the more I looked the more rot I found and I really hate tp half *** anything I do .

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Will they let you post photos from jail?????????????????// god looking boat.

Pharaoh

Cadet

starcraft.jpgstarcraft2.jpg

Alittle reminder of what Im working on 1976 (thought a 1978) Starcraft 16 SS I bought for $100.00 .

Pharaoh

Cadet

Ok so basically right now the boat is about 95% done just a few more things to do and its on the water . I ended up having to replace all and I mean ALL of the wood in the boat ( I do have a few pictures Ill post of the work but not everything) the steering was locked up but after I took it apart and soaked the cable <(lack of real turm) in a bucket of liguid wrench its all freed up and working great . it also turned out the engine controls where messed up but after taking them apart it turned out what ever was used for lub had turned into basically super glue a bit of cleaning and some white lithium grease and the also work great . I have taken it to my brothers house on a lake and ran it on the dock .. the engine ran great and popped right off with a little starting fluid . Any how as of right now almost everything has been replaced still need to remake the lounge seat bases and then its off to the water . Ill be posting more pictures as soon as I can get my daughter to put them on her computer I have 2 more Im posting right now .