Status
Not open for further replies.

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Nothing like Nautolex!!! Looking good

SHSU

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Outboard installed, new front deck, center console fastened, new tires/hubs (old deck template partially blocking pic) and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff done the last two days.

lots of rigging, electrical, and outboard maintenance to do before she gets wet.

AEEFC418-C15A-492B-87D0-A9C647A7E65D.jpeg
2F155FAB-8FF2-4ECB-8744-9A0B427EF805.jpeg
CB32B471-F2B2-499D-93E3-6C5F43829702.jpeg

SHSU

You going to paint the center console or leave it bare?

SHSU

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Building a flip flop seat as well, its going to be about 32x16 using leftover deck pieces and an igloo cooler cushion for the seat.

I am using other igloo cooler cushions for the front, should have those put on by the weekend. I like that the cushions have snaps and are cheaper than having cushions made (at least in my area).

pictures to follow, probably later this week/weekend.

MNhunter1

Ensign
Building a flip flop seat as well, its going to be about 32x16 using leftover deck pieces and an igloo cooler cushion for the seat.

I've been looking at an upgrade/modification to mine as well. Seems like anything you can buy are so ridiculously priced, only option is to really modify your own. I want to maintain the gas tank storage under the MR stock helm seat, but swap out the wood with something a bit different. I've been looking at something like the flip flop seat used in the RH Boats. Looks to be aluminum bars with starboard brackets?

RHBoats1.jpg

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've been looking at an upgrade/modification to mine as well. Seems like anything you can buy are so ridiculously priced, only option is to really modify your own. I want to maintain the gas tank storage under the MR stock helm seat, but swap out the wood with something a bit different. I've been looking at something like the flip flop seat used in the RH Boats. Looks to be aluminum bars with starboard brackets?

View attachment 346433
You are lucky, I don't have under seat fuel storage, but I also have a 17 gallon tank.
I am going to do something of a similar design just using more wood (as I have it on hand). I am going to use aluminum and HDPE (or similar material) for the seatback.

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Been working on random stuff. Installed new cushions to the front of the console. Built a swing back bench for the helm. 7EBCBD6B-CE5F-421E-8691-A042E784D03E.jpeg

I am working out a bug with the trim of the main… it works going downward but not going up. Power at switch when switched but nothing at the motor. Will be pulling up a floor panel to check my/oem wiring on the harness.
I am going to finish installing the fuel tank and fuel lines this weekend.
I am also going to start my transom door fabrication.

Lots left to do.

SHSU

Nice cushions, like the front seat option

SHSU

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
those off-the-shelf cushions look custom!

I'm not familiar with those merc/mariner TnTs but if it's following what seems to be standard, the switch is likely controlling one of 2 relays. If there's a green & blue wire, I'd check the one with a blue wire (sky-up) activating the relay.

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not familiar with those merc/mariner TnTs but if it's following what seems to be standard, the switch is likely controlling one of 2 relays. If there's a green & blue wire, I'd check the one with a blue wire (sky-up) activating the relay.
Yes, igloo cooler cushions are great and less than 150 for three of them.

The blue is the one not working at the moment, the green has movement. My understanding on the TnT is the same as yours. I am going to check the harness at the motor to make sure everything is hooked up as it should before pulling the floor.

The blue is the one not working at the moment, the green has movement.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Yeah most likely just a relay, replace in pairs if ones found to be faulty.

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fixed the tilt/trim, culprit was a broken wire on the OEM harness. I may have pulled it when I stripped it to lengthen the OEM harness. Checked all the other wires just to make sure and they all had voltage moving through. Now onto plumbing the fuel system.
After that will hopefully be a water test (already changed the lower unit fluids on both outboards and put new oil in my 4 stroke kicker, installed a new impeller on the main).

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fuel system is in place, now onto lower unit oil changes, impeller Change on the main, oil change on the kicker (impeller back ordered) then a sea trial.D48998A0-A76B-4E5C-9BFC-FECD578BD06A.jpeg

SHSU

Man that is a pretty tank!! You get that built or you do it yourself?

Noticed you double barbed through the splashwell for the fuel line. Any reason you chose that vs running the line through?

SHSU

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Man that is a pretty tank!! You get that built or you do it yourself?

Noticed you double barbed through the splashwell for the fuel line. Any reason you chose that vs running the line through?

SHSU
A buddy has a friend who made it, came out really nice. It was missed that I wanted it to be under deck so he made it to be above deck mounted.

Double barbed: That's how it was originally and so that's what I went with. I can see doing it either way but figured this would be the best (but well see).

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I ended up changing the impeller and lower unit fluid on the main, so I decided to try to fire it up and..... nothing. The outboard didn't turn over or even make a sound. The choke makes a sound so I am assuming its operational, but now its back to diagnosis. I was too tired to do a proper job last night so now that's the next step.
Going to check voltage drop on the battery, voltage at the starter and check voltage on the trigger etc. Just another thing to fiddle with which was honestly expected (but I was hoping she would try to turn over).

SHSU

Double barbed: That's how it was originally and so that's what I went with. I can see doing it either way but figured this would be the best (but well see).
Interesting, not sure why they would have done that, but it lasted this long so can't be that bad.

Going to check voltage drop on the battery, voltage at the starter and check voltage on the trigger etc. Just another thing to fiddle with which was honestly expected (but I was hoping she would try to turn over).
Sounds like a starter solenoid, but you have a good test plan. You should find the issue pretty quick.

SHSU

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Interesting, not sure why they would have done that, but it lasted this long so can't be that bad.

Sounds like a starter solenoid, but you have a good test plan. You should find the issue pretty quick.

SHSU
found the first issue, a broken splice from one of the power cables from the ignition (probably bad work by myself).

Now that that’s fixed, looks like the solenoid is the culprit, it clicks but it’s only putting out 6.5 volts to the starter.

SHSU

Interesting failure, usually its all or nothing. Not sure how a partial could happen unless it burned up somehow and has a lot of resistance inside. Either way, hopefully a new solenoid will fix it for you

SHSU

Status
Not open for further replies.