1975 Mercruier wont start

4TheLoveOfIt

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
6
Like the title says... New fuel pump, new coil
inline 6
I can turn the motor over and it cranks but wont start. Im not getting any spark, and unsure of the next step.

Thanks
 

4TheLoveOfIt

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
6
Re: 1975 Mercruier wont start

what type of plugs do I need? and the gap?

I tried downloading the manual but I cant seem to figure out how to get it to open.
 

windshield_time

Seaman Apprentice
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
46
Re: 1975 Mercruier wont start

Not near the boat or i would tell ya.

Go to your local napa and tell them what you have the plugs are a MR ??? somebody else might now off the top of their head. or in a book
 

dingdongs

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
649
Re: 1975 Mercruier wont start

do you have any voltage at coil with ignition on.
 

4TheLoveOfIt

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
6
Re: 1975 Mercruier wont start

ok so ive put in points, condenser and plugs still with nothing.

I get spark to the distributor cap but I dont get spark to the plugs.
I guess my next step is distributor cap, rotor button and plug wires.
Then to a mechanic I guess
 
Top