1973 Glastron V-156 Sportster Floor/Stringer Restoration

jmink

Seaman
Back with another update. This time I glasses in the topside of the deck.

Cheddar

Recruit
Ok Here we go so i picked this 1974 up today on a deal i couldn't resist 60$ was after a really nice dump trailer for my 12 ft john this would be perfect for it then i said hold up this boat is kinda sharp so i checked it over the floors where no good in it but figured it would take much to restore it but looked ok then i took it home well mine is worst of then expected but for a 74 it was definitely old so the guy i got it from said he just wanted the motor its why it was 60$ 😂 the person he got it from let it sit under a tree with no cover so now its either fix it or trash it because there is not wood left in it rotten every piece like it had the plug in it and the water sat in it for years so i cracked the top off to get a better look yup transom was no good so started to remove it and was like a paste and hard chunks left from the water damage had to digg and pick at it so i decided to bring it back from the dead and resurrect this boat so i wanted to see if anyone else had one that they gave a new life to and i find your video my boat is 1 year newer so i was watching your videos on it to see what i can do to make this boat live another 20 +years so i plane on sealing every thing to the extreme just thought you would have the dimensions to the transom because there is nothing left to mine to trace and the wood in the floor rotten to dirt like past from sitting in water was seeing if your videos would have my answer's

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-05-22-22-50-59.png
    Screenshots_2021-05-22-22-50-59.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 0