1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

LOL DJ remeber I grew up in Fla I could care less about the Cats and Cards :D. The truth is the blazer will end up mostly white and be used as a backup service truck for my company :D. I do like Vegas's redo with no windows but the second version is a little to ghetto for me :D. My garage is all Blue but its Ford blue not Cat blue :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Your paint looks awsome! Do you wanna come paint my boat?:D

May get a better rate from Rick if ya cut it down to maybe a 16 ftr..Since ya have the sawzall out anyway!!!!:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Kev Paintin aint Hard and you were the originator of roll & roll paintjobs :D .

Rick

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well Rick, I think the weathermen need to go back to meteorology school as today looks no better than yesterday, and after last nights storm it's wetter than ever.:( Good thing is the boats going to dry storage today.

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Mike you do know why they call em weathermen right ( they dont know wether its going to rain or not either ) thats why they use the percentage thing . I know I couldnt get away with it ( theres a 50% chance I will get your AC working but I still need to get paid :D ) . Best job in the world if you ask me they can be totally wrong and still get paid.

The good thing with my boat at the moment is the only thing in it is the Dash so the rain isnt hurting anything other than my ability to finish it :D.

Rick

North Beach

Commander

Ha Ha Vegas! I don't know about Kentucky, but I swear I saw a blazer just like that in Charlotte:D

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, I have a good tarp on it at the moment, and it was great to see some sunshine this afternoon, i got my wheels back on the trailer and was able to hit some spots on the trailer with black rustoleum "Rust Reformer" to hold it over till I can work on welding the side steps up and a good sand and prime.

I have a "down week" at work scheduled for the week of Oct. 5th (work over at L.A.P plant) so I should get a bunch done and plan to order my primer for the cap this week.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well Rick...

This bullet had your name on it...
post # 2,000

boo-yaa

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Congratulations Commander Kev :D. although you still got some catching up to do ;).

Rick

Huron Angler

Admiral

Congrats you guys are equal rank so no bossing around:D

Do you pull enough rank to "command" people to do restoration work on your boats now?

"SWMBO start sanding and then wash it with water/vinegar mix...NOW!"

LOL just kidding:D

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was just glad to get past Seaman...:D

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just wanted to see what happened at post #100... ahh another stripe... :cool:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Rick...haven't seen too many new photos on here lately???
I actually took a break from tinkering with my boat today and decided to cruise the river for awhile. Still hoping to do a winter cruise after the first snowfall...may go down river for that

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL DJ been a little slow lately with the cool weather and work so not alot going on with the boat will most likely pull her in the garage for the winter to wrap her up.

Rick

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Sure is nice to see the seasons rolling around on a normal schedule this year. Last year had me all messed up. Heck I worked in the shop all winter and only turned the heat up a couple of times. Maybe this year I'll actually spend some time in the house huddled around a fire.

Whaaaaaaaaaa. not a chance.... The V-135 resto should take most of the winter up and theres at least two good winter fishing trips and ...... maybe, just maybe, another boat. Errr... scratch the boat resto. I was just informed that wouldn't be happening this year. She's tough, specially when the kids need shoes.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Wow..a little cold and eveyones putting away the tools! lol

Heck it's FREEZING here in Vegas (68 deg F daytime) bbbrrrrrrr!

but we are going to muscle throughh the cold and keep working Ha Ha Ha lol:p

Rick I posted a few pics for ya on the sleek thread, working on the Glastron today....project #3

sprintst

Commander

I definately like the blinged out tow vehicle work. As far fetched as some of the painting and bodywork schemes are I guarantee someone has one upped that out there :)