1968 Glastron project in the works

aerinah

Cadet
Well we just bought this boat; ok we've had it for a year or so and have not had the time nor the $ to be able to do anything to it. Now that part of that has changed and we have time to spend on it now we're going to start working on this beast and see if we can't get her back in the water this summer

Please let me point out that we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! about boats other than they float and you can fish in them This is completely new to us so we're going to be posting lots of questions I have a feeling

Thus far in the process we've parked the boat in a covered area we can get into and work in during the nasty weather or pull it out into the sunshine when it's nice. The pics below are before anything has been done to it short of being parked.

Hopefully I've posted the links right

Looking forward to all the tips and tricks to make this as easy as we possibly can

I'll be more than happy to take any/all pictures you want and post more just as soon as you guys tell me how you do it LOL I have not figured out how to "cheat" that part yet.

Talk to you all later!

Happy Boating!!!

Attachments

• 100_0792.jpg
    100_0792.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0790.jpg
    100_0790.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0794.jpg
    100_0794.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0

maxum247

Lieutenant
Re: 1968 Glastron project in the works

I like the swept transom I guess you would call it. Nice with the engine box cover that flips up like that. I think you have a jem there!
Check out the finished projects here on the forum it will give you a good idea of what you may be up against while fixing up a boat.
Again great boat!

max

new boat guy

Seaman

i'm know expert by any means here but it seems like a lot of used boats here need new stringers and transoms. that might be something that needs to be done.

aerinah

Cadet

i'm know expert by any means here but it seems like a lot of used boats here need new stringers and transoms. that might be something that needs to be done.

Ya; I'm not sure either, transom (yay I know what that is now LMAO) seems to be in good shape, no flexing or anything like that, perhaps someone has already done some work to it?? I'm still digging through posts on this site to find out what I need to do LOL I wish there was a check list somewhere on starting a project boat :)

Thanks for all the ideas and advise though :) I'm not going to turn down anything I can get my little ears on... I'm completely new to the boat thing like I mentioned above

Oh, and if I seem to have a bunch of spelling errors; I really am 30 :) my keyboard is going weird on me and I have not gotten around to getting a new one yet :) sorry

jcsercsa

Captain

Cool I see you made it !!!

Well where to start ?? It kind of does look like someone did some thing to her, Dont think thats the orginal paint ??

On the pic's, photobucket when the thing drops down , the bottom pick is IMG choose that one to post pics' just make sure that when you up load its 640x480 !!!

Did you read about taking core samples ?? think you need to check that out , to see what we are working with !!!

Ok well i got to get busy , glad to see you , there are a great bunch of guys here , and a lot of glastron owners !! John