1959 Crestliner

Just about finished with the boat, are you ever done, now I need to start on the motor, runs great just looks bad.

DCP_1429.jpg

On upper Payette Lake in Idaho

DCP_0848.jpg

Rodger

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1959 Crestliner

Both the boat and motor look pretty good from here. That's a nice looking vintage rig. Is that a 30 or 35 Bigtwin? How fast does it go ? Nice scenery out there too (except for the out-buildings).

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

nice boat i see you keep her alum polished, i like it 1st boat was a 12' crestliner v bottom tiller boat, got it from dad, spent the first week cleaning and polishing he thought i was nuts only had to do it once a year after that.
cool boat, mtr doesnt look bad at all, good luck D

McGr, its a 35 Big Twin, I don't have a spedo but ran with a guy that did, at 2,000 feet elevation she will do 35 -40, on the Salmon River at 1800 feet she will run with the jet boats, until we hit the rapids, then I stop and they keep on going. We water skied behind it on Payette Lake, elevation 4,000 no problem. The outhouse was at a campground on the Snake River. The top of the motor is sun faded.

Osborn, Once we got it polished, as you say once a year is all it takes to keep it up. We arte having an early spring here so I guess its time to start rubbing.......

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm with McGR, that looks like a pretty nice rig from where I'm standing...

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Nice Boat grousehunter. Seen your other post and I figured out my crestliner for the most part. What part of ID are your in? I'm in Payette, will be hitting the snake this week to try for some crappie.