1957 Fleetform Custom Restoration

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Fuggly had a Tilt roller trailer, It is now a non-tilt trailer :D. I also got rid of the rollers and added bunks. Works much better!

MPrimeaux

Petty Officer 1st Class
Fuggly had a Tilt roller trailer, It is now a non-tilt trailer :D. I also got rid of the rollers and added bunks. Works much better!

This is what I'm going to do buxmj . I have no intention of ever using the tilt, but I would like to keep the boat on the original trailer I think.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I couldn't seem to get the link to work. I kept the orginal trailer and just replaced the tilt part with a welded on new tongue. I mainly did that because the connection was lose and would wiggle all over the place going down the road.

MPrimeaux

Petty Officer 1st Class
I couldn't seem to get the link to work. I kept the orginal trailer and just replaced the tilt part with a welded on new tongue. I mainly did that because the connection was lose and would wiggle all over the place going down the road.

I think mine might be a touch different, same basic concept though. From what you're describing, I'm picturing yours latching on the tongue? My tilt part is just the back and that is the only place where there are bunks. I'm just going to weld it rigid and add/extend bunks.

IMG_2028.jpgIMG_2029.jpgIMG_2032.jpgIMG_2031.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 0

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Interesting, mine was quite a bit different. my tongue had a piviot point in front of the axle. that is a lot different.

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have done my project totally bass ackwards, I redid the trailer before the boat. I will try to find some up close pics, mine releases where the tongue "splits"but pivots about 2 feet back. It seems to be real solid but I don't think it will be a good idea to try and use the tilt, I sure don't want to try to crank the weight of the boat and motor even though the boat is less than 15' that has to be a huge workout to get the boat out of the water that way. My Lyn Craft is a '65, I assume the trailer is from the same era but couldn't find any badge or serial number, could even be homemade. It is practically homemade now because I replaced everything except the frame and winch tower.

MPrimeaux

Petty Officer 1st Class
Interesting, mine was quite a bit different. my tongue had a piviot point in front of the axle. that is a lot different.

That's kinda what I was picturing from what you described. I'm just going to weld the rectangle that pivots on mine rigid. Then I think I'll be able to get away with 2 long bunks, but 4 shorter ones might end up working better. Just have to see when I get to that point.

MPrimeaux

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have done my project totally bass ackwards, I redid the trailer before the boat. I will try to find some up close pics, mine releases where the tongue "splits"but pivots about 2 feet back. It seems to be real solid but I don't think it will be a good idea to try and use the tilt, I sure don't want to try to crank the weight of the boat and motor even though the boat is less than 15' that has to be a huge workout to get the boat out of the water that way. My Lyn Craft is a '65, I assume the trailer is from the same era but couldn't find any badge or serial number, could even be homemade. It is practically homemade now because I replaced everything except the frame and winch tower.

I think that's very similar to what archbuilder has and I've seen that type much more that I've seen what I have. If I'm picturing it correctly, you should be able to just weld where it "splits" on the tongue.