1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Why not? sounds good to me. You see what we can't.
BTW....just popped a couple of doans…………...……………………...……………
I have some 1/8" fiberglass panel laying around if you want to use that.
So your attempt sounds like removing the front off a ADA sink/lavy panel. Two opposite pcs of metal that lock into each other, with the panel secured by screws.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
610a4f21-e0b9-46bf-aadf-f8ada432dac5.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Those brackets were just examples. For the ada cabinet fronts they usually are tight on tight with no play. :joyous:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That’s the basic idea but would just be a flat plate that would mount under and screwed to the deck . A threaded stud with a wing nut fastened to the top of the stringers . Drill a hole in the tab to slip over stud then tighten down with the wingnut ...
. I think I may have over done it with my back today .. I’m paying for it this evening ...:grey:

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I could barely stand up last night after 2 solid weeks of moving houses... I'm physically spent, I need to rest a few days but rest feels like wasted time when you could be getting closer to boating lol

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The tale of 2 different machines..
My MRI was Friday after work.. Got set up to go in the thing head first .. this thing was soooo tight my arms were rubbing tight against the sides and the lid was about 3” from my face... The guy said you’ll b in there about 30 mins or so ...
By then clotsraphobia was really settling in .. Dude get me the heck out of this thing !! :director:
Pulled me out and I was dripping with sweat... He said I guess we could schedule you for the bigger mri ...
Ahhh duhhhhhh !! You mean you have a bigger one and didn’t tell me ???
So rescheduled for today . I was not looking forward to it if it was anything like the other machine...
OMG ! 10000 % better . Feet went in first ,the lid was probably a foot or more from my face with plenty of room on the sides .. forced cool fan blowing through and my choice of music piped through the headphones ! It honestly was very pleasant and fun really .. This was my first ever mri ... Thank goodness they had the other machine ! We‘ll see what they come up with from here on the results ...
Almost have the next section of floor ready to varnish ... Just a couple more pieces to cut then it’s on to the front section ! :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Good for you Sam. Also they have ROOMS that do the same thing for people who need the space. :)
I hope you come back with good news other than lose weight and do bending exercises. SURGERY is not an option!

oldrem

Commander
The tale of 2 different machines..
My MRI was Friday after work.. Got set up to go in the thing head first .. this thing was soooo tight my arms were rubbing tight against the sides and the lid was about 3” from my face... The guy said you’ll b in there about 30 mins or so ...
By then clotsraphobia was really settling in .. Dude get me the heck out of this thing !! :director:
Pulled me out and I was dripping with sweat... He said I guess we could schedule you for the bigger mri ...
Ahhh duhhhhhh !! You mean you have a bigger one and didn’t tell me ???
So rescheduled for today . I was not looking forward to it if it was anything like the other machine...
OMG ! 10000 % better . Feet went in first ,the lid was probably a foot or more from my face with plenty of room on the sides .. forced cool fan blowing through and my choice of music piped through the headphones ! It honestly was very pleasant and fun really .. This was my first ever mri ... Thank goodness they had the other machine ! We‘ll see what they come up with from here on the results ...
Almost have the next section of floor ready to varnish ... Just a couple more pieces to cut then it’s on to the front section ! :)

I hear you on the claustrophobia. I can't take any confined spaces either. Hope it's nothing serious.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i cant do small mri, dont care what they say i don't make it past first minute and my shoulders are usually touching sides

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Woody ! But I am unworthy of the Splash Badge of honor right now ... I have not actually put her in the water post restoration yet ... Still need to get the motor going ,hook up steering ,and finish the decking ..
But getting closer ... I have joined the AOMCI that should help getting the speeditwin running ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
No boat update but back update for now . I have one bulging disc that is squeezing my nerves going to the legs ..
So I will be having surgery in a few weeks to cut part of it out to release the compressed nerve ..
I have never been cut on before so a little nervous but it is an outpatient surgery so maybe not to bad for recovery ..
I hope this helps give me my life back ! :lol:
Im gunna try and finish the decking and maybe dig into the motor before the surgery hopefully..
I’ve really been itching to paddle out lately but it looks like that won’t happen till mid summer ...:cold:
I’ll have to stick with surfing the web till then ...
Cheers everyone !!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
may luck be on your side , how long do you think you will be in hospital? on another note you will have some time to critique the hospital room fit and finish :) (i always do when i lay in one of those beds lol)