18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschamp20

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

looks freakin sweet.very jealous at this point.of course im not out 5 grand though.good job.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Looks great EZ! If I read your post right I think you are already planning your next rebuild on this rig??? Oh, boy! Cheers man!

Andy in NY

Commander

Jeremy, I dont know how you can NOT be happy with that bow... it looks freakin sweet!

bananaboater

Ensign

Unrelated note, we were at Target today and I picked up this step ladder for $24 on clearance. Notice how much higher it is than my old one. My nards are thanking me already! (I should have bought one of these MUCH earlier in the project. Getting in and out of the boat has been a b%&^h.

One ups man ship, bought my similar ladder before buying boat. But would have done like you if I did not have it. My new motto instead of "keep it simple" is now "keep it easy." :)

Albert

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I was pretty busy this week and therefore accomplished nothing on the boat :mad: Yesterday I got the garage cleaned up and retrieved some parts that I will soon need that were stored behind the boat. With the weather getting nice I'm really itching to get this thing done and on the water. As such, my to do list has been reordered to move everything absolutely needed in order to use the boat to the top. This is what it's looking like:

Cut dash panels and install
Paint windshield
Install windshield
Install navigation lights
Install bow rails
Seal transom
Install transom
Paint transom and splashwell
Install steering system
Install engine controls
Install seats
Install motor and connect to controls
Install battery tray and battery
Install gauges
Install horn
New bearings on trailer, mount fenders and lights
Install swim platform
Install fuel tank hook ups

----At this point the boat could hit the water----

Build and install stern casting box w/ lid
Build and install removable bow platform insert
Install fishing chair bases and pedestals
Finish teak
Paint motor
Paint motor cowl and install new decals
Mount and wire trolling motor
Install cup holders in stern box
Install flush mounted tackle storage box in dash
Install misc. storage containers
Bow combing pads
Bow back rests
Bow seat pads

Huron Angler

Admiral

Sounds good EZ...good luck with the rest of the project.:)

BTW what is a bow combing pad?

bananaboater

Ensign

I was pretty busy this week and therefore accomplished nothing on the boat Yesterday I got the garage cleaned up and retrieved some parts that I will soon need that were stored behind the boat. With the weather getting nice I'm really itching to get this thing done and on the water. As such, my to do list has been reordered to move everything absolutely needed in order to use the boat to the top. This is what it's looking like:

Cut dash panels and install
Paint windshield

IMHO you might want to mask off a small area so you can see
where you are going. ;)

Fortunately my list is a lot shorter and we have 70 degrees and sun.......YEA.

Albert

backlashed

Seaman

Fortunately my list is a lot shorter and we have 70 degrees and sun.......YEA.

Lucky dog,...we are under a winter storm warning from 7 this evening until 7 tomorrow evening, expecting 4 to 6 inches of blowing snow. Naturally every thing I need to do now requires the shop door to be open :mad:

North Beach

Commander

E I think we should all post up our pre splash to do list right here on your thread. Here's mine;

Hitch boat up to truck
Haul to lake
Launch
Turn key

:D

North Beach

Commander

Sorry bud! I just couldn't help myself.

Seriously, just keep plugging away at it and before you know it all folks are gonna see is this really cool boat and a big huge set of teeth hanging over the windshield cruising by:D

sprintst

Commander

Funny how you guys can do two boats in the time it takes me to do one. :)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

E I think we should all post up our pre splash to do list right here on your thread. Here's mine;

Hitch boat up to truck
Haul to lake
Launch
Turn key

:D

NB YOU ARE SUCH A PUNK! Man I can see you clear from where I am with your thumb on your nose wiggling your fingers around at the lot of us!!! For crying out loud. Man, I hope I can "turn key" some day, sounds cool. Here is to you buddy!

Cheers!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

NB, You better hope you don't have any motor/drive issues with the LL cuz you just jinxed the heck out of it!!!!

North Beach

Commander

Right I'll prob throw a rod or something the first day out just for talking smack:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sadly very little progress made on the boat this weekend. All I accomplished was cleaning up the windshield, taping it, and then finally getting a primer coat on it tonight. But a least I was doing boat-related stuff! I went over to Lancaster yesterday with my dad to pick up the 14' tinny he bought the end of last season that he was storing at my uncle's. That's now in his driveway and ready to use when the mood strikes me. That will be soon. Today I went with Tim Fives down to Havre de Grace, MD to have lunch with 7 other iboaters who boat in the upper Chesapeake area. It was a great time. They are a great bunch and Tim and I look forward to checking out that area this year.

I plan to get some black on the windshield tomorrow and also cut out my dashboard panels. I will probably also do some work on the bow rails. They aren't going to clean up real well either bit I think black bow rails would look pretty dumb and I've never liked the look of silver paint. The mounts are badly pitted. Those are replaceable but I think I use the existing ones for now. I've decided to abandon the fuel tank I got off CL. It just doesn't fit where I really want the tank and to move it would require moving the fill and other stuff. It just isn't worth it. There is a 14 gallon Moeller tank that will fit perfectly in my chosen spot and iboats has a very good price on it.

dozerII

Admiral

EZ, the boat is looking great, I was looking at your bow area and liking it a lot, I'm not sure what you are not happy with? I guess that happens to all of us, when we start a project we invision it one way and sometimes it turns out a little different, doesn't mean it's wrong. For a while my to do list was as long as yours, and I would check one off then remember somthing else that had to done and add it, so the list didn't get shoter for the longest time. I now on ly have one item left on the list and still over a month away from being able to put her in the water, so I will have to strech it out.
Great Job
Glen

Huron Angler

Admiral

What make is the new 14' tin can? Got any pics of the new rig?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Alumacraft. No pics. I'll take some when we take it out. It came with a rough single cylinder Merc 5. I'm planning on running it with my 2 cyl Evinrude 4HP Deluxe.

Andy in NY

Commander

Jeremy, even though my project wasnt as involved as yours, i remember looking at my to do list thinking i would NEVER be on the water...

it will happen...

North Beach

Commander

HaHa, I know you remember when I was at the same spot you are now on the LL. I was really freakin out at all the little stuff left to be done. It can be a little overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.