18' Starcraft Starchief OB Rebuild

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 18' Starcraft Starchief OB Rebuild

Yeah, Eh

It's flotation foam, eh, Mountie sir, honest :watermelon:

Hopefully if DJ's perp makes it to Utah, those watchful neighbors will notice something amiss before the thieves make off w/ your gear....

Happy 4th Gib!
fireworks-074.gif

odyssey350kc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Get a hazmat suit and some glowsticks and long needlenose pliers and walk around the yard. lol That'll get him going.
RadioActiveMaterial_Small0.28250009_std.jpg

Gibbles

Commander

The neighbor probably saw Glen's Sask plates and assumed your are an international dru....boat dealer.

Yeah, Eh

It's flotation foam, eh, Mountie sir, honest :watermelon:

Hopefully if DJ's perp makes it to Utah, those watchful neighbors will notice something amiss before the thieves make off w/ your gear....

Happy 4th Gib!

Thanks, I had a good day; I stared at the boat for a good couple of hours trying to decide if I wanted to add another coat, I finally decided not to.

lol, and yeah.. some of the stories about some of my other neighbors I heard from that neighbor I'm strongly suspecting they are all in his head...

I had a chat with that neighbor, I did not call him out on it, but more went for the angle letting him know I got an official "Doing nothing wrong"

I told him I had the cops called over and I let him know the officer and I had a good laugh about it, officer confirmed everything was gtg and told me to keep it up.

There I saw a spark of angry :lol:
And he asked me flat out when I mentioned the reporter said I had some crazy stuff in my garage...
He said "well do you?!"
me: "what? no... officer confirmed the same"
I went on letting him know I gave the officer a tour of everything in my garage, and the officer said "You have nothing in here that nobody else in this neighborhood has"

Neighbor relaxed a little, and went on about paint, and grilled me about the paint I'm using...
so I told him I'm using a fast drying Epoxy, and showed him my taped off areas to prove I'm not getting much if any overspray...

then he went on about how they are having a rough time with money... ect...

I won't bore ya'll with the details from here, but I finally have him figured out... I'm going to need to coach my wife on how to talk to him... :facepalm:

Get a hazmat suit and some glowsticks and long needlenose pliers and walk around the yard. lol That'll get him going.
View attachment 201619

^^
point.gif
hilarious.gif
Well done odyssey, well done
clapping.gif

In that vane:
Know anybody w/ a metal detector that you can rig up to look HIGH tech and have an audible & escalating 'ping'?

haha fantastic idea, I love it.
I could get something rigged up that would make that noise easy.

Gibbles

Commander

ok starting to ge the hardware all back on, I was missing the hardware from the front of the boat, so I picked up another set from a member...

One question... anyone have pictures of the order where to install this stuff? :D

I also picked up a sweet dual trumpet horn, where is the correct place to mount, top maybe? :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Jezz, Gib! What hardware?

64osby

Admiral

Can't help on the hardware, sorry.

Been watching the progress, she looks great.

Nosy neighbors is one reason I moved out of neighborhoods. Association rules are another.

In 15 years only one person has asked why I had 5 trailers and 4 boats (at the time). Now no one cares that 6 vehicles, 2 boats, 2 boat trailers, a camper and 4 other trailers sit on my land. Although the Admiral wonders sometimes. :watermelon:

Gibbles

Commander

I got it figured out, and I was talking about the cleats on the front :lol:

When I was looking at houses anything with an HOA I would not even bother with, or just an instant no way :laugh:

and I'm totally looking for hazmat suits right now, today I noticed them just watching me... :rolleyes:
This will be fun :D

oh and they will get really upset the day I find that tank... I want a tank project one day (just a dream! :lol:)

Mmmm tank!!!
muwhahaha

Gibbles

Commander

I just thought of something... I have had two boats in my front yard for 2 weeks now... I have a third boat... in the backyard.

tomorrow to the front yard!!! bwhahaha

jbcurt00

Staff member

For $12 before shipping, THIS could be well worth it

WTH w/ the pix w/ the pink bunny & trying to use a laptop w/ those gloves?

But wait there's more: roundtable meeting or the kid in the jogging suit: See all 7 customer images

Would a deuce do it for ya?

Yep, it's official, the Admiral can NOT leave us alone for extended periods :facepalm: I gotta go.........

Better get the boats back in the back before she gets back, and the eye rolling begins :rolleyes:

Gibbles

Commander

For $12 before shipping, THIS could be well worth it

WTH w/ the pix w/ the pink bunny & trying to use a laptop w/ those gloves?

But wait there's more: roundtable meeting or the kid in the jogging suit: See all 7 customer images

Would a deuce do it for ya?

Yep, it's official, the Admiral can NOT leave us alone for extended periods :facepalm: I gotta go.........

Better get the boats back in the back before she gets back, and the eye rolling begins :rolleyes:

I love the picture of the people in a meeting wearing those masks, and taking notes :laugh:

and OMG, that truck is so cool!!!
and it's just up at Hill, that's a nothing drive for me, heck I think I drove further to get the boat welded... :)

Gibbles

Commander

ok I love that site now... :D

Gibbles

Commander

^ lol

And since I now have an audience I have been doing my best to be as entertaining as possible...

First I'm turning the music up more to ensure the neighbor can hear the words, second I'm on the nose of the boat doing a dance while wearing the painting mask and holding a fishing pole...

Gibbles

Commander

oh and while doing this on saturday night my dog goes into fully lassy mode...

she starts freaking out, I follow her out into the backyard to see what's up...

so I had 3 trees that were on the list to get taken down... was going to cost me about $400 per tree...

Fantastic news, I now only have 2 trees!! :facepalm:

it fell pretty darn close to where I had hoped it would if it ever fell, but it also took out my nectarine tree... it was in a dumb spot anyways... and a perfect place for that shed I have been thinking about! :)

so I spent the rest of the night cleaning up the tree with a chainsaw, calling the ins since I mangled part of a neighbors chainlink fence... but hey 1 down and it did not kill anyone, and my deck is still there! :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

oh and while doing this on saturday night my dog goes into fully lassy mode...

she starts freaking out, I follow her out into the backyard to see what's up...

I thought Timmy fell in the well. Again! :lol: Sounds like the tree fell in just the right place.

Gibbles

Commander

lol

well I had the ins guy over to pay off the neighbors, he looked at the other trees and told me "yeah we will pay to remove the tree on the ground up to $500, but your detuct is $1,000, oh and those other trees have to come down, but we won't pay for it" :lol:

My Dad warned me about that in advance, so I already had a tree guy booked.
good news = trees are now down, bad news; I had them leave the trees in order to save me an $800 cleanup fee... :facepalm:

I have people lining up for firewood though, coworker even said "if you have a chain saw, I'll come over and load my truck up"
so I'm having him come over this weekend to take what he can carry :watermelon:

And on the boat; I have the windshield mounted, and I picked up some white foam rubber seal from HD, it's pretty close to the same white as the boat, looks pretty good and fills the small spaces from the curve.

I'll get pictures this weekend, I also have most of the hardware mounted.

I have a bow light I got from a member, it's pretty badly pitted so I sanded smooth, and I'm working a nice build of primer into the pits, when done I'll paint white to match the boat and mount. :D

dozerII

Admiral

Making headway on her Chris. I know what you mean about insurance companies, we caught the edge of a tornado here and lost two trees in the front yard and had the north side of the house pummeled with golf ball size hail, still waiting to see how that comes out.