16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

Don't you just love cutting fiberglass? I am itching just looking at it.

I just got out of the shower as a matter of fact.....love the stuff! :D Still itching!

Mick we were wondering if Murphy kidnapped you! Congrats on the goodies! Its always fun when they show up in the mail! I'm waiting on Max's new stickers and today I found a instrument wiring harness. It plugs into my control and should make the wiring a lot easier. Its mainly the wiring for the tach, but I think the tilt / trim will work off of it too. Anyhow its another "been sitting on a shelf for 20 years" part that the internet has found for me! What did we do before the internet?

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ha Ha- nope, no murphy. I haven't seen much of him during this project- thank god! Baseball has got me by the belt though, 7- 2:35 teaching, and then 2:35 till 6:30-7 coaching, 6:30-8 wife and kids, 8-12 powerpoint (don't know why I created a new class?), then go to bed and do it all over again:mad: Now it's spring so throw in yard work:mad: I'll get done eventually, maybe late June or early July:mad:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Just make your power points about "boat restoration", two birds with one stone! You already have the pictures and video!

kcatto

Seaman

looking awesome arch.....

Where did you get the gauges??

I really like them....

thank you,
keven

NetMatrix

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well arch the boat is definitely looking good at this point in time. I love how you got the gauges set up. On the smaller gauges do you have them at an angle so you can see them better or are they just flush on the dash? What colors are you going with on the interior of the boat? As far as the seats, floor, and pattern of the vinyl on the seats.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Arch,
Those gages look pretty sweet. I was looking at my dash today and thinking about what changes I was going to make.
That New Cleat looks good too. Should be easy for you to get to it too.
Keep up the great work.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the comments guys. Kcatto, I got the gauges online from a guy on e-bay. I have his contact info somewhere if you need it. He specializes in putting together sets for you. Net Matrix, the smaller gauges are angled. I found some angled bezels that Autometer makes. It works great, otherwise it was going to be hard to read them accurately. As for the interior, the floor gets carpet that matches what is on the trailer. As for the seat vinyl, I'm hoping to pick that out later this week at the upholsterer's shop. I think I'm going to keep the seat fairly simple.....they have a "herring bone" looking vinyl that is pretty cool looking. First I need to get the seat frames all clear coated and too them. The rest of my clear coat doesn't come till Wednesday.

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

arch, she's gonna be so sweet when you get the rest of the color and hardware on her, your work is so meticulous, mine will not look anything close to yours, but when your spillin fishblood on the deck the finish isnt so important, anyhow, looks very professional, keep it up, i want to see your first run video posted soon i hope,
D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Today I managed to get epoxy on the other side of one of the seats. Now all I need to do is put it back together and take it to the upholster....hopefully Thursday or Friday. I also have a client who just bought a lot at a local private lake...and wants us to do a really cool design for his lake house.....must be the season huh?:D:D

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
Are you still on schedule for painting topside?
I really looking forward to seeing your boat all painted and shinning.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

The plan is for next Tuesday....unless Murphy or the gremlins show up...but I have Buck, the security dog in charge of looking out for them...so I should be totally safe! :cool: Assuming they don't show up with hog dogs or steaks....I'm not saying he could be bribed....

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Arch,

I like the way the guages turned out. Looks good. I didn't think about the cleat location until Bob mentioned it. That's convenient for the captain to reach up and tie on.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks Mountian Man, you have to watch the clearances with those retractable ones....they take up a decent amount of space below....I'm close to the steering on the drivers side, but it seems to work.

tallcanadian

Captain

If you don't mind me asking, and maybe I missed it, but how much do you have to shell out for your seats. I'm just curious for my own boat. I'm looking at doing my own as well as part of my freshening up.

Friscoboater

Captain

I would love to find a lot by a private lake. That would just be awesome. They are just too expensive here.

kcatto

Seaman

Arch,

Thanks for the heads up on the gauges would you post the guys eBay nick or PM me with it please???

which lake is it???? the one you have been contracted to build on???
I thought most of the lake lots around here were all swallowed up...

thanks
keven

Today I managed to get epoxy on the other side of one of the seats. Now all I need to do is put it back together and take it to the upholster....hopefully Thursday or Friday. I also have a client who just bought a lot at a local private lake...and wants us to do a really cool design for his lake house.....must be the season huh?:D:D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Its on lake Hiwassee, north east of Edmond. Its a small private lake...the lot has a concrete block house on it that was built in the 50's. We are going to take it down and replace it with a really contemporary design. On the boat, I should have one seat ready for the upholster tonight and start coating the other with epoxy.

kcatto

Seaman

I know that lake my parents had some friends that lived up there when I was a kid and we used to fish there in our jon boat..... boy that was a long time ago.... just like sportsmans private lake further north and the twin lakes even further north....

I cannot wait to see your seat.... it most certainly will look great...

I will have to come and see ms morgan when you do the launch and get her in the water.....

maybe take some video for you from the shore with my camera.... besides I never try to miss a chance to go to the lake....

keven

it looks great...

mrlassi1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Arch,

Your attention to detail on Miss Morgan (inside and out), the trailer, and Max have been done with such precision and attention to detail, I'd love to see some samples of your architecture too.

Count me in your fan club (I'd say Bob and Jay are #1 and #2) ;)

-Mike

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Keven, I'm looking forward to the project at Hiwassee....its fun to have a client that wants to do something out of the main stream.

Thanks for the complements Mike....it has been fun and the details are what make the difference. I have really enjoyed the project....its easy to be passionate about little things when you are enjoying it. That being said fiberglass dust sucks! I remember taking a lot of cold showers to get that stuff off....but it will be worth it this summer zipping across the lake! I will try to post a couple of projects from work when I get a chance.

Tonight I put the freshly epoxied pass passenger side seat back together. I screwed and epoxy glued it together....west systems six-ten.....it won't be coming back apart again! Tomorrow I'm picking out the vinyl and dropping of the passenger seat. I'm going to epoxy and finish the drivers seat over the weekend. I also need to sand down the primer and prep for paint....which will hopefully happen on Tuesday. Here is a pic of the assembled passenger seat.

IMG_0027.jpg