FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1998 115 johnson fast strike what should water pressure be at wide open cranking around 5500-5800 and what is the minimum psi u can run at that rpm range?
Gee if you suck air, I don't think you will have any pressure. Plug the top hole of the water pickup grating and extend the bottom hole, as best as you can, and watch the pressure.
I ran a V4 60 degree 115 hp on my boat and I also ran a hydraulic jack plate...I never had an issue with water pressure.... even my old worn out impeller gave me 20 psi.... a new one might give 25-30 even...... make sure you seal the end of the hose very good.... if it leaks then water gets in the hose and could freeze....if you run in cold temps.... the water pressue is supposed to push the AIR in the hose..... you don't want water running all the way to your gauge!!!... how well your T stats are working has an eefect on what your reading will be...... make sur ethey are opening all the way up....( should drop the pressure a little compared to slightly opening)
likewise if you remove the tstats...you wont get more than 5 psi...but you are getting all the cooling you need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....so pressure is relative!!!
Okay. Yea I've heard that like to really know how much hp they have.
I've heard a fast strike isn't any difference then a regular johnson 115 either...