FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just wanted to say thank you guys for the help previously :) I recently bought a 90 hp Johnson titled in 1989. Compression tested good, motor ran good the first day. On day one it would gurgle at 1/4 throttle then come out of it with more throttle and run great. I assumed either just a 2 stroke...
Bought a flat bottom john with a 22" transom. I recently bought a 89 Johnson with a 20" shaft. I am going to switch it over to a jet drive. Can anyone tell me what height my transom needs to be? Sorry cant measure the motor its too far away at the moment.
Hello all. Been awhile since I have been here. I just sold the river boat for an even trade of a newer nicer one. Only issue is it has a 50hp jet. I had a 70 and was only happy with it when it was freshly sharpened and shimmed. Can anyone tell me where I may find a USED jet drive for my 1989...
I am in the market for a new trolling motor. I have an 18' jon with 70 hp motor usually carrying 3 guys and has live well with 2 batteries. I am looking for a trolling motor mainly for the river. If the river is up I am not usually on it. So something from 55#-75# would be good. I have looked at...
I have a 1980 70hp johnson runs great but was wanting to ru a little bigger. Can I swap the lower jet onto a bigger Johnson or Evinrude of certain years? I would like to go 85-90 hp. Thanks in advance.
Hey guys new to the forum. I re-finished my 18' jonboat with aluminum for storage bigger deck etc. Anyway, the boat motor and trailer are all late 70's. I wanted to get a little bigger motor (70hp jet now)for it since I added weight. It was great before til I had 4 or more people and gear. It...