FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Has anyone used a company to make a new plexiglas windshield using their old windshield as a template? Who did you use, are you happy with the result?
Thank you
Next step.,
Has anyone used a company to make a new plexiglas windshield using their old windshield as a template? Who did you use, are you happy with the result?
Thank you
Woo hoo! Got the trim off in about 20 minutes!
I thought of S.D.’s reply and after a day or so of making up things to try, I wound up using utility blades! The ones that you can turn 180° to get another “life” out of the blade. Tapped one in on each side of the plexiglass where the clips are...
Hi all,
I'm trying to remove the upper/outer trim from the plexiglass windshield of the 1963 Starcraft Starmist. I managed to get only ONE of the 6-8 or so clips to release. It's brutal! I tried to make a tool to get it done, but gave up after an hour or so.
Is there a trick to do this? A...
In need of 4 of these windshield mounting brackets for a 1963 Starcraft Starmist. Two are broken and all are very pitted. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
I made a new wire harness from the motor to the junction box, but would like to add the generator. I have a manual that depicts the wire size and other items needed to install the generator. Just have to collect the parts.
What specific (or range) year/hp Johnson motor (if any) with a generator be compatible with a ‘67 33hp evinrude? Looking for a generator for the 33 evinrude and have come acoss a few Johnson motors that have them (last was a 40 hp on a 68 skiff). Wanting to put one on the restore project I...
Ha. Not intentionally. I was given this ‘63 Starcraft from a friend about 15 yrs ago. Say behind his shop until the beginning of this year. Looking for parts I came across the ‘62 Holiday. Stripped it and traded hull for the ‘59 cause it looked cool! Then, looking for parts I came...
I Was helping my friend move and we took a load of metal to the recycling plant. Noticed an old boat windshield popping up behind a truck and after a brief conversation with the plant owner, I was able to trade the ‘62 Holiday for this. Much cooler! It will be a bit before I start on this...