FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Dear All,
I would like to implement a Dual Ignitron System Thunderbolt IV & MSD6 AL on my boat. In case my OE System fails I have a backupsystem on
board. For the ignition advance I have purchased a extra Thunderbolt Ignnition amplifier.
I will have one OEM distributor and one cut out swich...
Dear All,
I would like to implement a Dual Ignitron System Thunderbolt IV & MSD6 AL on my boat. In case my OE System fails I have a backupsystem on
board. for the ignition advance I have purchased a extra Thunderbolt Ignnition amplifier.
I will have one dizzy and one cut out swich. Please let...
Dear Forum,
I have decided not to go with an marine intake. they are very expensive. A 2104 is about $130 USD & 2506 is $350.
Hard Coating is $40 Dollar. Will use an std intake, but will alu hard eloxating the intake. This ensures always a nice outer finish.
Using my boat only on fresh water...
Dear Forum,
I am Bob quite new here and living in Germany. I am joining this forum since V8 boats & experts are hard to find here. After rebuilding my motor I was running my boat for a season without a proplem. Now it gives me some issues.
It is stops running like somebody turns off the...
Dear Forum, I am Bob quite new here and living in Germany. I am joining this forum since V8 boats & experts are hard to find here. After rebuilding my motor I was running my boat for a season without a proplem. Now it gives me some issues.
It is stops running like somebody turns of the...
Dear All,
âsince I had to replace my GM V8 I was missing the mechanical push-rod actuator to drive a mechanical fuel pump.
So I thought use a Holley Red Line Fuel pump for carbs. 95gph. (my V8 has a single Rochester carb).
OK I thought s mart and positioned the pump in the same place as the...
Dear Forum,
I need some help. I have a 97 Searay 200 SBC 5.7L and changed my coupler. The replacement coupler came with 3 new bolts & 3 Triangle plates and no spring washers.
So I took the old washers and assembled them. The new bolts had a type of washer integrated but it was not a spring...
Dear Forum,
I have issues to correct align my Z-drive to my V8. I had to swap the Motor and as well put a new clutch into it.
Now whatever position I adjust I am not getting the 3 Marks away from my alignmet tool, They are located always
from 11.00 am to 1 pm. This is the best I can achieve...
Question about Mercruiser Coupler 18643A5
Hello
I am writing you from Germany where my boat is and I would like your advice on my problem.
I am a DIY guy and had an engine problem (305) last year on my 1994 Searay. I replaced the engine by a 350 SBC.
Now on my fist boat tour on the Rhein I...