FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am about to embark on a rebuild of most of the interior/decking/wiring of my boat and I'd really like to work on the console while it is out of the boat. One thing I hated about the console, was when I replaced the controls, there was a large cutout that was larger than the new control I...
I bought a boat that ran well.. but was still a project boat.. when I had the guy run it.. it shifted incredible.. as on a windy day he was able to shift forward/reverse around the dock to manage the wind..
Since I purchased it I replaced the control box.. and cables.. I stuck with OMC cables...
The actual powered outboard on my boat is a 1977 Johnson 85EL77S 85hp.. but that outboard has no trim or tilt.. so when I bought it the seller through in an outboard minus the powerhead which had the trim/tilt on it.. but it is a
1983 Johnson J90TLCTE 90hp.
We initially tried to pull the...