FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I purchased a used 20' boat and it came with a brand new in the box Garmin Fishfinder 100 (Not Blue or Echo) complete with all wiring and transducer in the box. The previous owner received it as a gift in 1998 and never opened it. Still has a $199.99 price tag on it. I don't know if I should...
hello.... I have a 94 Four Winns Sundowner 195 with an Evinrude 150 outboard. All the gauges are mounted on a printed circuit board similar to a cars dash and they are all acting up. I am hoping someone can direct me to a wiring diagram so I can either find a loose connection or rewire a new...
I just picked up my 94 Four Winns 20' Sundowner from a friend who installed a used Evinrude 150 he had at his marina from a trade in on a dual engine upgrade he did. We originally had a 175 that snapped a connecting rod and the cost of repair was not do-able. He recommends we install a doel fin...
Re: Evinrude 175 seized?
I included a pic of the 6 plugs. I hope it loads. All the plugs look clean and dry with a light brown color except the middle plug on the right bank which is dry but has a slightly gray color and a less smooth coating. I tried to crank the motor with the plugs out but...
We bought a 2001 boat 2 years ago and it has been great until now. It started running hot after 5000 rpm and would break up at high speeds. It never overheated but did reach 3/4 on the temp guage when it was breaking up. A marina looked at it and changed the impeller and water pump housing as...
I recently purchased this boat and I find the gas gauge only reads half when full. I found that when I ground out the sending wire, the gauge only reads 3/4. I would like to ground the wire at the gauge to be sure the wire between the sending unit and dash isn't damaged, but I do not know which...
hello, I just purchased our first boat. It's small but hopefully will teach me boating skills so we can eventually move up in time. It is a 15' Logic made entirely of plastic resin. Supposibly it cannot sink and the hull won't get damaged. I hope not to test it. Here are the questions....
With...
I found the reason for my intermittent tach was a bad connection where the wires enter the control box just below the key. By slightly wiggling them, the gas gauge and the tach jump from normal to zero. I assumed the wires plug into the box, but they seem very intent on staying there so I came...
hello, I just purchased our first boat. It's small but hopefully will teach me boating skills so we can eventually move up in time. It is a 15' Logic made entirely of plastic resin. Supposibly it cannot sink and the hull won't get damaged. I hope not to test it. Here are the questions...
I have a 2001 Logic 15' boat with a 40 HP Johnson outboard. Upon takeoff, the engine seems weak until we put all the weight up front and it takes about 2 minutes to finally plane out and then it is very fast. It has a stock prop and I was wondering if a new prop would give it better take off...
HELLO I am a new boater and I hope someone can answer my questions. We took the 15' Logic boat out for the first time and found:
It starts great when cold, but cranks forever when resarting when warm. I lift the lever for a fast idle but it seems the lever makes almost a zero movement under...