2001 Triumph/Logic150 questions

iamslotman

Cadet
hello, I just purchased our first boat. It's small but hopefully will teach me boating skills so we can eventually move up in time. It is a 15' Logic made entirely of plastic resin. Supposibly it cannot sink and the hull won't get damaged. I hope not to test it. Here are the questions....

The boat has one battery in the rear that powers the boat and a seperate battery up front that only powers the trolling motor. Wouldn't I be better off putting both batteries in the rear and running a seperate wire up to the trolling motor and use a 2 way battery switch so both get charged?

Shouldn't the anchor rope (up front in one compartment) be tied at the end? I fear seeing the end of the rope slip over one day. I see no where to tie it permanently without losing one side bow cleat.

Would waxing the plastic boats shell improve performance? It seems to stay very clean but I am thinking that wax might reduce resistance.

How often should I grease the wheel bearings on the trailer and the fittings on the Johnson outboard? Both look well greased now. I assume it need two different types of grease, one wheel bearing and one Johnson grease? Do they make one that can lube both?

Thanks again friends.

Last edited: