FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got a 1998 Johnson J115SLECM on a Flats and Bay 18x8 that has never run better. I rebuilt the VRO when I did all of the carbs last year with the OEM kit and have put at least 20 hours on it since then without issue. I check the oil tank before and after every outing to make sure its...
Just a quick question here. When cold starting this engine I've got about a 50/50 chance of it firing right up or me flooding the motor and I know its 100% operator error. The ignition is a 'push-to-choke' (on this motor there is no choke, it engages the enrichment primer solenoid). My question...
I have installed a new 24V Riptide MK trolling motor on my boat. Along with that comes two brand new size 27 deep cycle batteries that will require charging and maintenance. I also have 2x size 24 marine starting batteries that I would like to charge/maintain at the same time. As I consider this...
Good morning, I am installing a new (to me) trolling motor on my 18'8 Flats and Bay and I am contemplating my weight distribution options and was wondering if anyone has gotten into this debate before and what they ended up doing.
Situation: I previously had a 12V minn-kota (I forget the model...
I have had an engine 'sneeze' or cough during very low idle (fully warmed up) and have been trying to trouble shoot.
So, I went against everything I have read on the internet and bought a PDF version of the SELOC shop manual for this motor generation. Looking for two things in said manual...
Re: '98 Johnson 115 High RPM Bogging
Just pulled the plugs and they look pretty clean. None of them are wet, but 2/4 are rootbeer on top and slightly black on the bottom, could be running a little rich sometimes.
Here is what I pulled out of the fuel water separator. The cup says 16/20...
I have a 1998 Johnson 115 v4 that has an intermittent bogging issue.
The engine starts great from hot and cold. Idles great. Has no issues below 2000 rpms that i can tell. No issues during acceleration to get the boat on plane.
While cruising on plane, anywhere between 3000-5000 rpm it will...