FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have been told by a couple of other boaters that you can NOT hook your trolling motor and fishfinder to the same battery. Something about it screws up the transponder and gives false fish readings on the screen. Any truth?
Just bought a 1989 Smoker Craft 14' Magnum. The previous owner took very good care of it but I would like to repaint and decal the boat as it was original. Any one know where to go for OEM decals and exactly how the boat was painted when new?
I just bought a 1989 Smokercraft with a 1989 Mercury 25xd outboard and the previous owner could not find any manuals he had with it. Anyone know where I can get a repair and operation manual for free. Any help would be great.
Anyone know the technical name for this or where to get one. I need to replace it and don't know what to call it when I am looking. It is on an old Alumacraft 14". Any help would be good.
Re: water pump replacement mercury 6hp
ok thanks I have been, just never worked on a boat engine before, any idea what this is, it came with the boat but no one knows where it goes or if it even goes to this engine.
I acquired a Mercury outboard engine, it says Mercury 60, 6hp on it. As far as I can make out the serial number it says 208383. Can anyone tell me the year? I think I have it narrowed down to 66-68. It starts right up but I do not see any water discharging from it when ran in water. I have...