FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I cant seem to fine model numbers or specs on these. Both sites show that for the 9.8HP models that mechanical remote or tiller are available - however I cant find the models for remote.
Looking to try and setup remote on a RIB I plan on getting. If not - does anyone know if there is a...
So Im looking for a newer truck. I currently have a 12.5ft Caprice skiff and 20HP Merc with trailer, all said and done it probably weighs ~800lbs MAX. I plan to upgrade to a Carolina Skiff J14 soon which would only add roughly 200lbs maybe a little more. I trailer my motorcycle from Florida up...
So I am nearly finished with my tiller to remote conversion for my 20HP merc 4-stroke (2014 or 15; OR625541)
I am confused about which control box to purchase. I am pretty sure the 881170A4 will fit, but it is roughly $50 more expensive than the 881170A8. I am not trying to cheap out completely...
So I can get this really good deal on a 15HP tiller merc outboard for ~$1700. I got quoted the other day for a brand new 15HP remote short shaft at ~$3000. The new obviously has a full warranty, the used 15hp tiller has a 3 year warranty.
My questions are which kit is required for conversion...
Im looking into the portable engine EFI from Suzuki. I specifically want the DF9.9BTS in remote, since my 13' skiff is already rigged with a small center console.
I was wondering if anyone knew why they do not offer the 15/20HP in remote with a short shaft? It appears there is a 20HP model with...
Just curious what would be the best choice steering cable for this model? Its going on a 12ft skiff CC style. I was thinking just a simply rotary cable from teleflex/ulex?
I know this is simple but just wanted to be sure since I am pulling the trigger and the prices of the cables are more at...
I will get some pics up tonight. But essentially, yes- I was planning on grinding down the pointed tip of something like a lag bolt and screwing that into the wooden panels for the CC. My worry was that since I plan to put a cooler and seat on top of the hollow alumnium legs, if the weight gets...
I am about to purchase the epoxy and mat this weekend. I was wondering how much would be enough. I am just building a casting deck- I have 3/4th marine grade wood in a 48x24in sheet, will be cut to about 40x24in. I plan to coat it with epoxy then a single layer of fiberglass. Approximately how...
I posted awhile ago that a buddy of mine was going to purchase a new Tohatsu 9.8... He has since put that on hold, and has given his boat to me. So I was also going to put my 15hp 2-stroke 1999 Merc on it, BUT he added a small center console. The idea of having the CC on a small 12.5' boat seems...
Got a 15HP merc 2 stroke that is at bare aluminum on most of the midsection. I have already taken off the LU sanded, plan to do a vinegar wash, alodine, ZC primer, and phantom black paint. The midsection however seems much more difficult as I would have to remove the head. Having never done...
Friend of mine is going to buy a new 9.8HP remote model Tohatsu. He has to get it installed at the dealer, he asked me a question on whether or not it must be bolted through the transom for installation at the dealer. I did not know. He says he does NOT want it through bolted because it is...
So I am getting a 12ft Skiff pretty soon. This boat does not come with a foam floor, only positive foam in the gunnels. I like to mount things to the floor, and plan on adding a small center console so I would like to add a thin layer of foam and fiberglass a deck on the floor. I understand that...
Hello! Got a 15HP Mercury from a buddy and had a few quick questions. Its a simple enough manual, tiller model I plan to convert to remote in the future.
Now my question- The LU has quite a bit of paint chips, no corrosion, but a bunch of areas that do not have paint and chipping. I wanted to...
So I am looking to get another 12ft fiberglass skiff, weighing in at about 220# just the boat. I had the same boat awhile back with the CE Smith multisport trailer, that had a 900# capacity, and it did a great job- BUT the trailer itself was only 11ft long total length. This made my tires get...
So I am looking at getting another small boat, 12ft fiberglass skiff type boat. This boat has a MAX HP rating of 18HP. I previously had this boat with an 8HP and it planed fine with 2 people, but was very slow. With just me, the 8hp was fun. I mainly fish to speed doesnt mean that much...