FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey Guys,
I'm looking at buying a 2005 Skeeter Bass Boat. The boat had been hit in the side and repaired. The area which had new gelcoat applied has started cracking. Is there a way to tell if this is simply due to the gel being too thick or if the glass was improperly laid? Attached are some...
Hey guys, I am starting the restoration on my bass boat and have to pull the motor. Can I lift it by these rings? There is one on either side of the block. If not, how do I lift the motor? The flywheel bolt seems very small and there are no holes for the 3 arm puller. It is a 1993 150.
Hey Guys,
I'I have a 1993 Sprint 286 with a 1994 Evinrude 150. The motor runs well and has good compression. Being my first boat, I was beyond excited, and when I looked at my first one I forgot EVERYTHING I read. I bought the boat and later found cracks in transom.
I would love to work on it...
I picked up a 1993 Sprint 289, when I got it at sunset it looked good, but in day light it has some cracks. Are any of these a large problem or purely cosmetic? The one with orange color is the floor, the black are the top of the boat, and the white is the front hull.