FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey guys, I have a 1973 85 hp johnson motor and controls and I am trying to convert the control cables from the 400 model to some 3300s because the hull that I put the motor on has a pretty tight bend in it and I need a smaller bend radius than 8 inches which is what you get with the 400s. I...
I have a 1973 85 H.P. Johnson and it is not getting enough fuel. I took it out to test it yesterday and it was only getting fuel to two cylinders. It has a carburator on top and on the bottom. When I throttled up the two high speed ports on the left side were spraying feul but the ones on the...
I have a 1973 85 HP Johnson SeaHorse that won't crank. For some reason it it getting intermittent spark on all cylinders. It will spark for a minute then stop and now it wont spark at all. The ignition coils are fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to begine diagnosing the problem. It...
I was wondering if a rectifier would cause an engine not to spark? I know that it converts A/C to D/C, for charging puposes but don't know if it assists sparking. It is on an 73 Johnson 85 H.P. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
I have a 73 16ft. caravelle with and 85hp. johnson and I am putting in new stringers, deck and transom. My question is under the splashwell it was boxed in on both sides connected to the transom with foam in each box with about a one foot wide channel to the bilge box and I was wondering if I...
I just bought a 73' Caravelle with an 85 hp johnson. I have stripped the hull and am replaceing the stringers, transom and deck. Any way the motor is not getting any spark and I was wondering if a weak starter could have something to do with it. The motor lookes to be in great shape except the...