FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Day 1: Boat - 0, Me - 1. I was able to get the transom stripped along with a few other things. I have a new found respect for boat mechanics...lots of stuff in there!
Question - How do I get the old transom out and the new one in? I assume I need to remove the rear "cap"??
Just picked up a 1986 StarCraft Islander and will begin a resto soon. This will be a slow process; part of the agreement when buying the boat was to complete various "Honey-Do" list project befor starting on a new project.
From what I can tell, the hull looks pretty good with the exception of...
Hi All,
I love the forum and hope your big brains can help. I have located a 1970 Winner B...... (not sure how to spell the model) 18ft with a trailer for $500. It has a blown motor. I will be going to look at it this weekend (Sat). I think I found a pic of one (on the internet) - it has a...
I recently purchased a used pontoon boat with a 2002 Mercury 50 HP 2 stroke. Yesterday I removeded the cover to check the plugs after a weekend of boating and noticed that all 3 carbs had an open threaded hole. Standing on the left side of the motor (when facing it from the rear) there are...
Brand new to the site and a brand new owner of my first pontoon boat - 2002Monark (20ft) w/ 50 HP Mercury Big Foot. I have a question about the operation of the power trim/tilt. When the boat is still, I can trim/tilt the motor up but as soon as I ramp-up the throtle, the motor tilts down to...