FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The old paint on my aluminum boat is startin to peel away. What would be the best way to remove the old paint and prepare the boat for paint? Also, what would be the best type of paint to use for aluminum?
I noticed the other day that I have a small hole in the side of my aluminum boat. Its just from a popped rivet and its close to the water line. What would I use to fill it? Would JB weld work?
I just got a 14 ft aluminum boat with a 28 hp mariner. The boat had been sitting outside for a while and I ended up having to rip up the carpet, floor, and the foam underneath the floor. I'm new to this and this is the first boat I've owned. What kind of foam and plywood should I use?