FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
thanks the previous owner who I trust (Fire Chief) replaced the bellows and impeller in the last year. He had it in salt for only about 60 hrs or so over the last 4 years, original owner had it on a lake. Good to hear it is reliable it will spend the rest of its life on a lake. I may also...
Ok I won't hijack an old thread, I posted on the old one because it was relatively recent. So anyway here it goes again.
I just bought a 2004 Glastron with a Volvo Penta 3.0. Its been down here in the south (NC). First owner used it in fresh water, second owner used it in salt for the last 4...
I just bought a 2004 Glastron with a Volvo Penta 3.0. Its been down here in the south (NC). First owner used it in fresh water, second owner used it in salt for the last 4 years only about 60 hours or so. Never stored in salt water on a trailer covered. No visible problems with manifold and...
I like to think I know when I'm getting screwed by a dealer for trade in value for a car but how do I know about boats. I have no Blue Book or other resources. I was shocked about how low an offer a dealer gave me on a trade in on a 2 year old 65 hr mint condition OB. Any suggestions on how to...
I have a relatively new Mercury 75 HP 2016 with a new Deka 800 Starting Power battery. Ran it for about 10 hours ;last fall before I stored it in my basement for the winter. After the winter I put a charge on it. This spring I put about another 10 hours on it. I put in a Lowrance Hook 7 (or the...
I am in the market for a navigation depth finder combo. I am not a serious fisherman. I will use it on large island lakes and coastal marine. I want to spend about 400 to 600 $. I will use it on a 17 ft CC boat. I am most concerned about navigation and a depth finder for safety. I don't mind the...
Any suggestions on which would be better, I will be launching alone many times and could use some help. I did land the boat last weekend in a strong cross wind it was not too hard but it took me 2 tries. I cannot see the trailer at all when I am back in without the boat. I have heard the guide...
We hit an unmarked obstruction last weekend and scratched up my lower unit on my Merc 75 HP 4 stoke . Looks like I have to replace the propeller other than that the repair's are cosmetic. I'd like to repair the scratches on the skeg and other parts of lower unit. Any suggestions I cannot seem to...
I do not have any experience in launching a boat from a trailer but I'll be doing it soon. So I want to get some advice. While on vacation I paused at a boat ramp for about 1/2 hour and watched as people launched a variety boats (from sail boats, bow riders, jet skis, and pontoon boats). I must...
I am buying a new boat/new trailer. I want to have the dealership put on trailer brakes before I pick it up. Gross weight including the trailer will be only about 2100 to 2700 lbs. I know nothing about brakes. I will be launching off of boat ramps a lot, 50% fresh water and 50% salt. Any...
ok may be I've had too many cocktails this good Friday night but I was lusting after a 2015 new boat recently significantly marked down, its the right boat. My wife was sitting next to me and said why don't go out and buy it I have some extra money I can kick in! well just pinch me real hard...
I have a 2014 Rav 4 and I'm thinking of getting a 15 to 17 foot whaler or equivalent. LBS without passengers and luggage is 1500 to 1800 lbs. With adding brakes to the trailer do you think I'd be ok on a long one way 800 mile flat trip. The 2014 rav 4 (4 cylinder) has a lot of HP 161HP I don't...
OK I'm approaching retirement and I've sold my glider and looking to get back into a original hobby, boating. When I retire I am going to divide my time between southern VT (with big lake) summer and NC (SE coast) fall, winter and spring. I have two options (on a budget of course) 1) have a...