Quit My Job . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
I decided over the weekend to quit my job. (The Admiral had recently suggested it).

So, I went into to work today and did exactly that. 🤪

I think I'll hang out for a while, hopefully get some good boating time, and casually look for another job. . . . or not. :LOL:

Maybe I can start doing boat upholstery, or something like that. . . . :unsure:

Fun Times

Staff member
😳
Edit: !If you can afford it, go apply at a local boat dealer ship and be a boat captain for them teaching their new boater owners how to backdown the launch ramp, use it and generally service their new boat… it’s fun and you’ll get to drive a bunch of new boats… Win Win.👍

Last edited:

ahicks

Captain
Maybe consider buy and sell interesting projects? Find a niche. Nobody looking over your shoulder, nobody asking when it will be done, or asking about/whining about how much. Work at your own pace....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Ted, just an FYI, your boats upholstery would be about $25k (including the cabin) not including cabinets

tpenfield

Staff member
You're going to have a honey do list a mile long now. Better find a job quick....At least that's what I would do to my husband lol.
Yes, I have quite a list. . .

Re-engineer the fascia/soffits on the house.
Paint the house
Landscaping
Clean out the garage
Finish re-building my O'Day Mariner 19 (sailboat)
Re-working the helm & controls on the Boston Whaler
Landscaping trimming at the summer house

tpenfield

Staff member
Ted, just an FYI, your boats upholstery would be about $25k (including the cabin) not including cabinets

Yes, I figured for the seats alone (what I did) it would be about $15K worth of work.

I've already been asked by a guy in CT who bought the Cruisers 328 that was in Falmouth, MA, about re-doing his seats. (He doesn't like the existing color Brown)

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats.

I remember doing that as a teenager.

Imagine a grown man calling another man "Boss"

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Yes, I have quite a list. . .

Re-engineer the fascia/soffits on the house.
Paint the house
Landscaping
Clean out the garage
Finish re-building my O'Day Mariner 19 (sailboat)
Re-working the helm & controls on the Boston Whaler
Landscaping trimming at the summer house
Officially I retired last year and I ALWAYS have a list of things (it will never end) . My wife tells me that I put personal deadlines on projects but they are fun to finish.

Congratulations on your decision!! Go and enjoy life more!

tpenfield

Staff member
😳
Edit: !If you can afford it, go apply at a local boat dealer ship and be a boat captain for them teaching their new boater owners how to backdown the launch ramp, use it and generally service their new boat… it’s fun and you’ll get to drive a bunch of new boats… Win Win.👍
That would be a 'fun' occupation. Not sure it would pay much. :unsure:

Additionally, I'd need to get some practice myself (now that I have the mother of all trailers 🤪 ) It has been a while since I've trailered my boats, having used a 'boat hauler' on my Formula 330.

tpenfield

Staff member
I did tell myself, that when I retire, I'd sit by the town dock/ramp and watch 'the show' of ramp launch, retrieval, and associated fails.

briangcc

Commander
Vids (of boat launch) or it didn't happen!

Congrats on the decision btw.

I'd echo the other comments, the upholstery job you did on your boat is top notch, Someone would pay good $$$$($) for that work. Couple marinas I've dealt with don't have canvas people on staff, and farm out the work instead to mobile guys. Just sayin...