2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Clemson, Florida St game postponed. Clemson's QB Lawrence was slated to play... Clemson player test neg twice during the week and positive this morn...

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
PSU showing some fire. Clifford throws for 2 tds in 2 plays coming off the bench. Guess he didn't like pulling splinters out of his butt. 31-21 Hawkeyes...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
FSU -Clemson got postponed .. COVID ..
‘Got a co-worker that’s a big time FSU fan .. I told him he got a break from that butt whipping .. At least for this week ...

aspeck

Staff member
PSU showing some fire. Clifford throws for 2 tds in 2 plays coming off the bench. Guess he didn't like pulling splinters out of his butt. 31-21 Hawkeyes...
He then gets happy feet again and has 2 interceptions. The pick six was a killer.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
COVID and the NFL;

Masks will be required on the sidelines starting the Thanksgiving games on Thursday. No more face shields. I guess this why;

Confirmed positive tests among NFL players and staff have increased alongside the rise in community spread across the country. A total of 108 tests have returned positive in the past two testing periods, compared to 146 in the previous 11 periods.

Ravens RB's Ingram and Dobbins are positive and will miss Thursday's game against the Steelers.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ravens shutdown their facility at the moment. Thielen, Vikes, was exposed to Covid too. Has to sit 5 days and could play Sun.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Around these parts it's the Cowboys. About the only thing Packer and Viking fans agree on....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
my two favorite teams are the Chiefs and whoever is playing Dallas.

Been a Girls hater since they fired Landry.

GA_Boater

my two favorite teams are the Chiefs and whoever is playing Dallas.

Been a Girls hater since they fired Landry.

I read somewhere the Cowboys blow. I won't argue, but it's more the owner than the players. He fired Coach Landry.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I think it all started when they were constantly called America's Team.... They're not my team!

GA_Boater

I think it all started when they were constantly called America's Team.... They're not my team!
Good point, Musky. How did that come about?

The nickname originated with the team's 1978 highlight film, where the narrator (John Facenda) opens with the following introduction: They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team".

Baloney!

While the nickname has stuck with the Cowboys, few know the real story behind the name. The Steelers were actually given the nickname before the Cowboys. However, Steelers owner Art Rooney dismissed the suggestion that the Steelers were America's Team. "We didn't want that," Rooney said.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The vikings are the 5th team that played the Bears then lost their next game, 2020 what a weird season.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The Star on their helmets helped too... Once labeled America's Team, the hatred ensued......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
WI/MN game this weekend has been canceled, no make up date. Ruled a no contest. 9 Mn players positive... 6 staff

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Ravens/Steelers T-Day game has been moved to Sunday with the Raven's C-19 surge. Unless it becomes the SNF game on NBC, I probably won't be able to watch. 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

JuJu is right;

First the NFL takes away our bye week because another team can’t get their Covid situation together, now they take away our Thanksgiving primetime game for the same reason. Smh.

aspeck

Staff member
Steelers/Ravens game moved from Thanksgiving evening to Sunday afternoon ... COVID

The Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers game has been moved from Thanksgiving night to Sunday afternoon, the NFL announced Wednesday.

The game was moved following positive coronavirus tests for a number of Ravens players. Seven Baltimore players -- running backs Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins, quarterback Trace McSorley, center Matt Skura, guard Patrick Mekari, defensive end Calais Campbell and outside linebacker Pernell McPhee -- tested positive for COVID-19 over the past three days, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano. None of those players will be eligible to play Sunday.

"This decision was made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel and in consultation with medical experts," the NFL said in a statement.​

The NFL is in the process of identifying and evaluating close contacts of the Ravens players who tested positive. Nose tackle Brandon Williams was previously placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

GA_Boater

Ravens/Steelers T-Day game has been moved to Sunday with the Raven's C-19 surge. Unless it becomes the SNF game on NBC, I probably won't be able to watch. 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

JuJu is right;
Steelers/Ravens game moved from Thanksgiving evening to Sunday afternoon ... COVID

'speck - We forgot something!

GO STEELERS!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Since none of the infected players can play Sunday either, keep the Thu game...

aspeck

Staff member
Since none of the infected players can play Sunday either, keep the Thu game...
That was my initial thought, but I guess they are giving it a few more days to allow the outbreak to "run it's course" through any other players who might have been infected by the source... assuming there was just 1 source...