2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
File this under nonsense:
According to David Purdum of ESPN.com, someone placed a $99,000 wager on the Packers to beat the Jaguars with the William Hill sports book in Nevada. At odds of -1100, the bet will pay a mere $9,000 if the Packers win.
I'm missing something here. Drinking and betting don't mix?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We are talking the Jaguars .
That should be a sure bet ..
Have the Jets won a game yet ?
We need a QB and a new coaching staff . This has gone on long enough ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Trask 5 TD passes in first half ..Franks return to the Swamp also for Ark ..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It looks like the Saints will be getting a big fine for the locker room celebration after creaming the Bucs last Sunday. Little or no masks on display and this would be the 2nd time for a Saints COVID punishment. When it happened to the Raiders a bunch of money changed hands and they lost draft picks.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Hah1 IMO, betting don't mix with anything. I'm not a gambler. I never really understood it.
I will gamble. But only when I have some control over the sequence of events. Play 9 or 8 ball on a table, catch the biggest fish, shoot hoops or a 40 yard dash (40 years ago). Bet on Football, insanity to me. And I don't believe anyone would bet that much coin especially on a NFL game for a $9900.00 return. I know some degenerate gamblers and even some that win once and a while. None would risk 100K for 10K. Better odds picking a colour on a Roulette table.

aspeck

Staff member
The Antonio Brown Saga continues. It seems like the security camera he destroyed and the bike he threw at a guard house happened before the Buccaneers signed him. He failed to disclose this incident to the League office even thought the Gated Community leadership chose not to press charges for fear OB would retaliate against the employees of the Community. This could lead to a voiding of his contract and/or additional punishments (suspensions) from the League office. Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

I do feel sorry for him in a way. He is under a microscope now and anything he does is magnified much more so than the normal NFL player. However, he did bring it all on himself by listening to the wrong voices and allowing his pride to puff up to the point of destruction. Hopefully Brady can help him, but I certainly have my doubts ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I do feel sorry for him in a way. He is under a microscope now and anything he does is magnified much more so than the normal NFL player. However, he did bring it all on himself by listening to the wrong voices and allowing his pride to puff up to the point of destruction. Hopefully Brady can help him, but I certainly have my doubts ...
Would you have empathy for him if he tore up his knee and risked his playing career, how about if he contracted cancer and needed to go into chemo and or radiation. What if he contracted Covid-19 and went on a ventilator? Poor Antonia, it isn't fair for a young man to go through that. I am not going to write this in all caps, bold and italics like when some want to be heard. He suffers from a deblitaing decease, no less painful, no less serious, no less serious as the ones I listed above. He has a mental decease, it is as simple as that but mental issues are still kept in the closet like when cancer was up until the 90's. You can't get cancer from touching someone with cancer and you can't go nuts by talking to someone that has the "nutty" thing.

He needs good Doctors, not a good QB to heal him. Talking to someone, in this case maybe Brady is a good start, a very good start. He needs someone to get through to him and to get him to admit he has a decease, not poor management.

aspeck

Staff member
I agree with you to a certain extent, Iron. As someone who has watched AB's career over the years, his attitude and actions (at least in public) took a drastic turn after the vicious hit laid on him by Burfect. I have said he needed someone to come along side him and help him get the help he needs. But at some point AB has to step up and take responsibility and see he needs help. My hope is that Brady can do just that and get AB to realize his need.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Is that animal Burfect still on a roster? Google time for old Johnny D.
I Googled him. Still can't find if he signed with anyone for 2020. He was on a 1 yr. contract with the Raiders. It says on website his net worth is 25 million bucks. He has earned in NFL salaries in the neighbourhood of 33.5 mil. He has been docked 5 million in NFL fines. No idea if he is getting endorsements currently but had Nike and Under Armor deals. It is said he has a net worth of 25 million. I have zero idea how these websites know what a persons net worth is. If his net worth is indeed 25 million USD something doesn't add up.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Dumb call for MN going on 4th down well into their own end and leading by 3...🙄

WIMUSKY

Staff member
OSU is in a shootout with Indiana.
42-35 9mins left

Indy had to come back and has momentum.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
PSU is having a tough time again this weekend with IA

Illinois crushed Neb 41-23