1984 16.5' Sea Nymph Ski Sport Rebuild

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Man I need to get your motivation. Still got the jet and picked up a deckboat not even started on either. Trailer looks awesome. Happy New Year captain.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The SN rib and deck support design isn't the best for being able to use belly tanks. I'll be interested to see how you go about the tank enclosure and filler / line routing.

Yeah trailer work is a PITA alright, sure looks better with some paint. Don't forget to pull those hubs apart. ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Great progress. Trailers are the devil. Will be nice to have that done and outta the way.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Man I need to get your motivation.

Thanks PST! Yah, thinking about spring walleye, pike and steelhead has me fairly motivated on this one. May will be here quick!

The SN rib and deck support design isn't the best for being able to use belly tanks. I'll be interested to see how you go about the tank enclosure and filler / line routing.

Stay tuned my friend, I have a plan :thumb:

Trailers looking good. Nice work!!

Great progress. Trailers are the devil. Will be nice to have that done and outta the way.

Thanks fellas! I still have all the gear to go back on yet - tires, wheels, coupler, bow stop, chains, bunks, lights, winch strap, lights.... But, the hard part is behind me so that's good.

Yesterday I had a few minutes to flip the boat over onto my utility trailer for some hull work...
20170102_134216.jpg

I'm on the fence right now about what to do with this hull. We are really fond of how the Jet Star turned out...
P1070967.jpg

The black and "brushed alum" look was really sharp. Though, the black shows everything and I had so much trouble painting the Islander I may never paint again. I might just go with all brushed alum on this Sea Nymph. Getting that look is a ton of work though. I remember when I did the Jet Star thinking that I'll never do that again. Dunno.....on the fence right at the moment but that decision will happen pretty quick here.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Happy new year Jas. Nothing better than the color black but boy it's work to keep it looking good. How about a combo of grey with some black to make it easier to keep "looking" clean. You'll get the black but maybe in a Stock looking stripe instead of the whole boat? I'm definitely. Not a huge fan of the present scheme but maybe somewhere in the middle of that and painting the whole side black? If two tone isn't your thing, go dark grey...worked for the navy. Lol good luck and nice progress.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
If you want to keep your fishing spots secret maybe some paint inspiration here,.......

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Bare aluminum with a stripe of color. Rolling on some Rusto for the stripe shouldn't cause much frustration.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Polished aluminum would look awesome like a mirror man. Getting it there and keeping it there is another story.

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Great work on the trailer there JAS! Looking good. What will you use to get those pesky "racing stripes" off of the side of the SN prior to paint, I am assuming that you are removing them....

Frey

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Trailer is done!
20170113_122458.jpg

20170113_121615.jpg

20170113_121638.jpg

20170113_121656.jpg

20170113_121727.jpg

New paint, galvanized wheels, tires, stainless lugs, plus spare, rollers, winch strap, LED lights/wiring, coupler, bunks, retractable ratchet transom straps and a Trailer Valet. I have yet to bolt up the guide on's but that will happen after the boat goes back on and I can fit them properly. I'll prolly throw on some Sea Nymph decals too.

So yah, trailer is DONE!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looking good alright! Nice to have the trailer work in the rear view mirror, we all love that chore :rolleyes:

You're gonna love those boat buckles if you haven't had them on a trailer yet, I have them bolted on 2 of my trailers. The stainless ones are a bit spendy but well worth every penny.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Trailer looks great some decals would finish it off nicely.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Yah, I think I first saw the Boat Buckles on one of the threads around here, probably yours WM. I bolted those up on the Islander trailer and man, what a awesome addition! I'm usually pretty efficient at the launch but those even cut my time way down. They seriously make things a bunch more convenient, I'll never go back to conventional straps.

Now, just for comparison.....I have the Boat Buckle brand on the Islander and I went with the Reese brand here on this one. They are both the same basic function but they operate just a little different. I think I like the Boat Buckle operation just a lil better. I feel like these retractable straps are really a game changer.

The other game changer is the Trailer Valet. Holy moly is it expensive but wow has it made my life so much easier getting hooked up! It moves the Islander around like butta.

Yup, guide on's and a set of decals and ready to ride, looking forward to that day :thumb:

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Heck yea thats slick as a cats, well you know. Good looking trailer man it will make any boat proud.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Expensive? That is all kinds of crazy for that trailer valet. I'm sure it is a game changer compared to the silly trailer Jack's everyone else pedals but as flimsy as they are, they still work fine for this cheap guy. I don't have the area that you have to push mine around though. Just in and out of the garage is it for me.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Nice job on the trailer redo.:thumb:

Holly Schnikes that trailer valet is awesome. I like the fact you can buy mounting brackets for each trailer then move the valet to the one you need it on. Nice!:thumb:

Last edited:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Nice job on the trailer redo.:thumb:

Holly Schnikes that trailer valet is awesome. I like the fact you can buy mounting brackets for each trailer then move the valet to the one you need it on. Nice!:thumb:

And take it off before you get to the ramp,..

Sure thing some azzhat will steal it if you don't,...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Yah, that Trailer Valet is the bomb for me. I'm always having to move my boats around and hitching them up is a breeze. The cost is so absurd the only way I can justify owning it is that I can easily swap it over to all my other boat trailers:thumb: