1985 Glastron X-19 Complete Restore

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1985 Glastron X-19 Complete Restore

I actually went out yesterday and shot a 3 min video with my still camera. I also took some pics. Not exactly what I wanted. The video is low res, and my acting sucks! I may try to upload it anyway. I was just trying to figure out the editing software in windows.

We had Ice all week, and now it's raining again. Yesterday, the clothes dryer got all my attention with a broken belt.

With all this rain, it's too bad I'm not ready to wet sand something.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
With the rain you get two benefits. Either no one can tell when your sweating or it looks like your really working hard. It's all a matter of perspective. :p
I hope you can get on it soon.
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Mountain man, if we were dependant on the weather for wetsanding then I would be rubbing my boat with a block of ice.:rolleyes:

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Yes when we bought out house the only rule I had is that it had to have a garage. Our next house has to have a 2 car garage.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When we bought ours I loved all the "little" outbuildings. It had a two car garage. "two cars deep". This would have been great to work on one in the back and park in the front. I had different ideas . . . . .

Raise the floor and make a woodworking shop!

This is what was my garage.
Shopoutsidefinished-1.jpg

That's a black walnut tree hanging over it.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
Hey man, we aren't hard to please. The video is fine.
See, I got you back on the front page.
Just build a tent over the thing and get to work. :D HA, HA.

SKIBUM1M
I have a two car garage but the wife owns most of it. My car and boat stay outside. Well I do have some of the boat interior in it for now. :D

Mountain_Man spring is coming.
Take Care and stay warm.
Bob

Friscoboater

Captain

Great video. That boat is like mine in many ways. All the good stuff on the donor boat wen to my cause, and the other stuff is not worth saving. The wood is just so far gone.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I just caught up on your thread! awesome job so far, keep up the good work!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey the video looks great! I can't wait to see it when you start getting her cleaned out!

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think we got a bit of rain last night. My son who lives in my woodshop comes in at 3:00am and says there's water coming in. On my way by the boat the water was over ankle deep running down the driveway! I could have just started it up and headed up stream right there. There's a 12" culvert under my shop. It had gotten clogged and was over knee deep at the culvert. We swept water for 2 hours. Love the weather this winter. Now they're calling for more snow starting tomorrow. And I live in the the south!:eek:

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
Sorry to hear about the flooding, I hope you didn't have any serious damage.
Good luck on the clean up.
Bob

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

All the expensive stuff (curly maple, purple heart, bubinga, bloodwood, etc) was on lumber shelves. My anti fatigue mats were floating.:eek: Most of my tools are on wheels or adjustable feet and didn't get wet. lost some Fine WW magazines though. I've got the dvd Rom set so it wasn't a total loss.

My son got most of it dried out today.

Friscoboater

Captain

I am glad to hear the good stuff was spared. This weather has been really weird. I am looking forward to seeing you tear into this boat.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Mountain man, I think the boards may have some unseen damage, you should send them to me so I can make sure they are still usable.
I hear you on the weather, I am on the Canadian border and it was 40 and raining today. The only snow left in the yard is at the corners of the driveway and that will probably be gone in the morning.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well another week and I'm still sitting here.

The new job is taking a lot of attention. Having to get back into the swing of having a boss. As well as brushing up on my industrial control knowledge. Right now I'm designing and retrofitting an old relay controlled production band saw with new PLC controllers and touch pad controls.

Snowed another foot last night.:mad: I'm ready for spring already.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
I'm with you, This is really getting crazy. We went and got the boat for Rob and now I can't even work on it now. :mad:
I hope you get some better weather soon.
I'm ready to see some progress on your boat too.
Bob

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well here we are another week almost. I've been running between work and the hospital(family member) all week. Most of last weeks snow is still lying around. Cold and cloudy all week. Now Snow and Ice followed by up to 6 or more inches between now and Saturday.

Ya'll are all going to be done and I'm not even going to have my compression checked!

BTW I might get some glass practice in the next month. My boss says he needs some injection molding, and glassing done for new project he's working on. Just waiting on the big robot to come online so we can mill the form.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Mountain_Man,
I hope all is well with the family member.
The weather isn't very good here either.
I haven't been home for 3 weeks now and I'm getting really bored.
Good luck with the bosses project.
Bob