1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

Snow....are you looking at my white legs AGAIN? :p :D

Thanks!

Can't help it!!! Its so blinding, but I can't look away!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :D

I can't say much, my legs are ghostly white no matter how much sun I get :redface: I must be cursed or somethin :D

sprintst

Commander

Man o man. I've been out of touch. The boat looks fantastic. Quite the transformation from the beginning. Wish I would have found that all metal stuff.

I filled the speed wobbles where I could with thickened epoxy. Hopefully it doesn't pop off one day :)

I'm not quite as good as you with the poetry. "There once was a girl from Nantucket..."

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not quite as good as you with the poetry. "There once was a girl from Nantucket..."

I got in a lot of trouble in grade school for that. I knew three different endings to it. All of them will get you suspended.:(

Mom used to brush our teeth with liquid Palmolive. We got where we liked Ivory bar soap, so she kicked it up a notch. Switches and Ivory soap, fond childhood memories.

Andy in NY

Commander

You all need to come down and spend a couple weeks with me..

I'll get you guys toasty brown..after your blisters fall away:eek:...LOL

when i first moved down there, i went to the beach one day with my chair and umbrella... sat down with a cold corona and dug my toes into the sand and promptly fell asleep. 2 hours later the tops of my feet were SOOOOO burnt. not the toes though, they were in the sand! just the top. couldnt wear socks or shoes for almost a week!

LOL, The support here is fantastic, all these super comments on how she looks, or of my work, make me smile...believe me when I say they're much appreciated, a major part of my inspiration to keep after her....

but...

The reality of this whole make-over has nothing to do with any talent, tricks or what-not's of my doing's...in this case, it's merely putting lipstick on a pig. Seriously, up close there is so many dings and dent's, that I've considered using flat textured paint thrown heavily over it all and call it done :(

As you might of guessed, the top paint didn't go as well as planned, it's like it magnified every single flaw and cast the spotlight upon them....grrr....no pictures until I wet sand her and throw another coat or two on her{winter parka's probably won't be thick enough}...Funny, how the closer ya think your getting, the more the little things come to the surface....it's gotta be 5 O'clock somewhere ;)

hey man, welcome to the 20/20 club. looks great from 20 feet away at 20 mph. ;) trust me, mine may look good on film, but in person she has alot of what you call "character". mine was esentially lipstick on a pig. and i get tons of compliments everywhere i go with it... so dont stress over it!

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

that's how they got the old saying the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. your neighbors looks good from a distance and yours not so good when you walk over it. but from a distance yours will look pretty good too.
from now on nobody can get any closer than 20-30 ft to my boat... not even me(i'm my worst critic)

lord knows i can't carry a tune
nor write a lyric
i was hoping to finish in june
that would prove epic

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

LOL, this dang weather's keeping me away from nit-picking it apart...every other day or so rain rain rain, and forecast looks the same for the next week or so.....grrrr :mad:

Did manage to wet sand the top and finally get to see the dash board attached
minidscf1877.jpg

and since a few are participating :D

Trying to work around rain
Needless to say is pure pain
Though try as I may
I can't find a way
To send this weather to Spain

A resto rhyme we could use
But not one to offend or abuse
Just some fun friendly words
As we polish these turds
To keep from lighting a fuse ;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Truely, A Great American Poet! One heck of a boat builder! Champion landscaper! GQ male model to boot!

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

that dash is awesome, really nice

there once was a man from detroit
who posted iboats his exploits
but when posted his dash
we all thought it a smash
and now i sit and look at my mess

Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class

BAM! That's what I'm talk'in 'bout! Custom Baby! Very nice!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Wow the dash looks great buddy:D

That captains chair looks comfy too, have you tested it out with a cold one and said vroom vroom yet?

I'm trying to catch up to you HSF but you are making it a challenge!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's looking sharp! Can't wait to see it with all the accessories in it.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guy's!

...That captains chair looks comfy too, have you tested it out with a cold one and said vroom vroom yet?...

No vroom vroom yet, did throw a few 'ffffzzzzzzz.... ploop' while holding an air fishing rod :D

ts

Petty Officer 1st Class

No vroom vroom yet, did throw a few 'ffffzzzzzzz.... ploop' while holding an air fishing rod :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

love it!!! :D

'fffffffzzzzzz... ploop' :p

...but usually I follow up with an, "aww crap" :redface:

Huron Angler

Admiral

LOL :D Don't forget the "baitcaster" version...fffffffffzzzzzzzzz...*birds nest forms*..."%&$^#"..."%&@*#$&%!"..*%&#*!"...splash (baitcaster sinks into the depths).

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Well....I guess you could say I got the windshield on today, two try's trying to center it{what a pain in the...} Going to live with this for now, maybe one day find a true Sc shield...theres just a piece of foam lying under the walk-thru, I need to fine tune that some, and replace a couple of screws I used as I ran short on stainless bolts...if it ain't one thing it's another.

Also, in one of the following shots, you might be able to see that I cut the pedestal's down about 4 inches, at the lowest setting originally I still had half my head looking over the glass. Now they're adjustable from about 9inches to 15" or so....seems good enough, besides.....I WANNA GO FISHING!!!:p:D

That's probably it for a few days, calling for rain{as usual} for tomorrow & the weekend, and I had to stop for the day today, it was a year ago today I lost my dad, and we're all gonna get together this afternoon/evening and knock a few back in his honor...If capable{lol} I'll be back on later tonight or I'll yak at cha's tomorrow...

minidscf1884.jpg

minidscf1891.jpg

minidscf1888.jpg

minidscf1887.jpg

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Amigo, that looks sweeeeeet. Da bomb brother. You nailed it. I love the dashboards on the Holidays. I have two little stubs with a walk way through them. I'm trying to cram all my gauges in a little area. Your dash is muy grandioso, magnifico, esplendoroso. Me likey mucho.:cool:

Getting close to splashing her. Time to tie up all those little loose ends.

Triton II

Commander

Looking great HSF... love the dash work... now all you need is an eight-track/AM player! :cool:

Huron Angler

Admiral

The windshield looks great HSF...I like the slight tint to it. Great for reducing squinting from glare off the water(not that we get too much sun around here:p).