16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

Friscoboater

Captain
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

I would do all cutting before paint. Murphy will step in otherwise.:eek: Teh trailer looks awesome man.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks Frisco....I got the bunks on tonight....I hate stapling and trimming carpet by the way!

IMG_3101.jpg

I have a video I will post later, headed out to get something to eat right now.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

The trailer looks great. Those are incredibly nice clean welds. Did you grind them after or can you weld that smooth? If they are not ground down you must have a nice welder.

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

the boat project is nice, the shop is a mansion, id love to have a shop like that, im workin under one of those canvas carport things.
nice work again arch, i go to sleep lusting after your shop.
D

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yup, I agree with everyone else. You have the nicest shop on iBoats!

I agree with the other guys as well on drilling before painting. Something is bound to jump or chip and then your gonna kick yourself cause you've put this much into it already. I know you want the paint on now:) but what's one more day of making sure it gets done right.

Can't wait for the video:D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys, trying to upload the video but youtube is having issues....I'll try to post it later.

I did dress the welds up skibum....a little grinding and bondo work miracles! Osborn, I have told Bob that we should start a "Iboats" barn raising crew....going around and building shops for Iboaters! I'm lucky to have a nice shop, but it has been years in the making...a piece at a time. I would love to go back and build a new one knowing what I know now!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Arch,
I'm still waiting for all the crew to show up. :D:D
My luck, I wouldn't be home.
I am seriously thinking about starting a building project this summer. Just like the boat project. My wife told me that The only way to get the basement back was to build me a shop. I think it is time.
The trailer looks great and your plan for getting Miss Morgans top painted sounds like a good plan. Like the others, I would cut or drill any holes before painting too.
One question on your shop. What's the ply under the trailer covering up. Is that your secret shop.:p
Take care my friend.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Bob, under the plywood is a pit. Works great for working under the car or getting the half mile of wire off that is wound around the brush hog blades! I don't use it that much, but it sure beats laying on your back!

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey let me know when the crew will be in fla, mine would be fairly easy i think, i just want a 30x30 metal building standard garage door, concrete floor, wired w/ 110 and 220 outlets, what cha say after the slabs poured a solid weekend they are cheap down here, cheaper than in NC got a buddy i hunt w/ up there he came down here w/ a flatbed trailer to haul a kit home.
again nice shop, awesome job so far i doubt the quality will change at this point. D

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

btw make all cuts and holes prior to paint, easier to dressup and not have to worry about your finish. D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Well depending on the weather, we may do a boat flip tomorrow night....glad this is the last time, its getting heavier every time!

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

sounds like the weather your havin out that way may do the work for ya, that twister near your area??? hope all is well with all out that way.
D

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Arch,
The pit would work good for me. I can't lay on my back and work on anything much anymore. I tend to get vertigo, sick to my stomach and dizzy. Must be an age thing catching up to me.
Glad to hear Miss Morgan will be right side up soon. You have done a great job on her.
I went back and looked at some of your earlier post and the transformation is amazing. I'm glad that I followed your thread from the beginning. I have enjoyed the journey and really enjoyed your thread along with several others, Skibum1, Micks, and of coarse friscoboaters. Too many others to mention.
Once again Great job.
Sorry for the long winded lines.
Bob

micks110

Hey Arch! So did the flip happen? Or did you drop her you are too pissed off to post on here ever again:D

I'm so worried about flipping the boat back over that I'll put a scratch in her or murphy will show up and something stupid will happen:eek:

Best of Luck!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the comments guys. The tornado wasn't close to me osborn....I've lived here all my life, so unless they are headed towards me I don't even pay attention to them. The F5 we had in 99 was about 1 mile from my house....I was at school and really didn't know if I would have anything left...I got luck, wasn't a thing damage. That think was scary, it sucked up everything, even the grass!

I'm glad you are enjoying the thread Bob, I do enjoy going back to see where I started!

Mick, I'm going to try to flip her tonight if I can round up enough people. Hopefully things will go smoothly!

micks110

Arch- I'd offer to help but I'm about a full days drive away so I won't be able to make it by tonight:D

good luck on the flip!

Have the video camera rolling!!! That would probably be the first recorded boat flip where some one is actually trying to flip the boat:D

Caravandaddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry, no help here. Good luck. That's too good looking a boat to mess up at this point. Carefull you don't drop it, or if you do pray you'll have the boat "gods" watching out for you like Oops. I'm sure you'll have all the thoughts, well wishes, moral support and prayers of everyone on this forum. Hope you also have enough physical support. I want to see her on the water with that monster motor roaring.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
Take care on the flip. I don't want to see or hear of any damage to Miss Morgan or anyone for that matter.
I'll be looking forward to seeing the pic's.
Bob