Yet Another 16' Starcraft :0)

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yet Another 16' Starcraft :0)

Working on a new project with a local sign guy.
this logo is a real biatch to design.

So far we have this:
comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Off to the sign company to get a quote and discover what type of media I can get it CNC'ed into. Stainless Steel ?? Cha Ching!

More later guys.

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah I did. Awesome job, but 10" long.

Mine will be 24". I am getting quote for plastic with chrome finish, as well plastic with vinyl overlayed on the letters in black.

Depending on price, we will see how she goes!

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Been awhile.
I managed to survive the winter storage with a family of raccoons living in the boat. Dang! There seems to be no damage, thank god.

I did get the dash and switches in. They are looking good. All I need to do now is secure the seats in-place after finishing the bases of them. I had a flat on the trailer and decided to get two new wheels/tires. They are a bit bigger now.

I have still to secure the storage area sliding doors to the nular/zavlar deck, which btw, seasoned the winter very well! No damage what-so-ever to it.

My canvas was stored in my shed and a rogue mouse decided it was a tasty snack so now I am rethinking a new one or replace it with a bimini top like the liquid limo. I really like that option.

insanity

Petty Officer 1st Class

How dose the Zavlar liquid rubber decking feel on bare feet, and how skid resistant is it? I like the look of it better than carpet.

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The feel of the Zavlar on bare feet is rough. If swimming and skiing is going to happen, then don't use it. It is like walking on 50 grit sand paper. You dont slip at all even when it is wet. 100% sticking power there. I plan on tossing an area rug in the stern area where the kids will jump in and out of her to swim/tube etc. Most of the time I use it will be for fishing, so no biggy there for me.

Over the winter it has developed "joint cracking" between the sheets of plywood decking. I am thinking of putting a sealer over it all and that will lessen the roughness of it and eliminate the joint cracks.

I am going to post some pictures tonight.

insanity

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info, some snap in carpet would work as well for what I want. Also could always ware shoes. Boat looks good nice and clean.

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Guys
Sunny day here in Southern Ontario. I did a lot today and she is ready to splash in the next two weeks. I just have to get the ownership transfer done and she is good to go. Here are some updates.

Over all shot of the finished rig.

A close up of the switches and throttle quad

You can see how I overhung the glare shield over the dash.

Name plate back in place!

The sliding doors for the tanks and battery's in the stern.

Over all I am very happy! Next task will be the splash into Lake Ontario. I'll post a video when I do it.

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Stoney,

Awesome Color :D It really turned out nice, and how nice of you to provide a winter den for your furry friends:eek:. You shoulda got a couple of caps out of the deal ;)

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

haha! a couple of Caps! Yeah it has been a journey. I may use it like this for a few years while the kids are young and then once they have lost interest, I'll rip it apart again and convert it to a fishing platform. Thanks for the comments.

The Zavlar is hot when the sun heats it up. I may have to toss an area carpet over it. I am also looking at a white Bimini top.

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi guys
Well I did a start of the engine today. I have discovered that it will not shift into reverse. :( No big deal, my brother-in-law is a marine mechanic and can adjust the setting on the control cables. I think that is all it is. They look a bit worn out so I may have to replace them as well.

Here is a video of the engine start. I say 50:1 but is is 40:1 so hence the smoker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFQMfBuqEU

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Guys
Sunny day here in Southern Ontario. I did a lot today and she is ready to splash in the next two weeks. I just have to get the ownership transfer done and she is good to go. Here are some updates.
Over all shot of the finished rig.

A close up of the switches and throttle quad

You can see how I overhung the glare shield over the dash.

Name plate back in place!

The sliding doors for the tanks and battery's in the stern.

Over all I am very happy! Next task will be the splash into Lake Ontario. I'll post a video when I do it.

First time I have looked at this thread, and great work! I REALLY like how you did the sliding doors for the tanks. I might just "borrow" that idea on mine. Keep up the good work! The boat looks great!

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi guys
Summer is great! Less rain than last year and a fantastic time on the water.

I finally got "Dis-L-Do" into the lake! That is the name of the boat. It was an uneventful first ride down the Muskoka River in Bracebridge Ontario. I noticed that I had some water intake happening and when I did the on-land test before she went in, I did not have any leaks. I am assuming that it is the hole purposely drilled into the keel and chines to flush the bottom of the hull as you drive?? Anyone??

So that was the first run, now the second was a tubing event with my son. We were fishing and tubing and then all of a sudden no power for the starter. Not even a "click click" when I turned the key. So a good old byy, Tom, towed me into the dock and low and behold and mechanic was there. Blessing are on my side. He offered to have a quick look and determined it was the solenoid because we were able to jump the poles and get a good start. So, as we all know, if it says MARINE on the box you are paying up to 5 times the cost of regular parts. Not this time for me. A simple 3 post, 12V, FORD solenoid from 1968 works fantastic and only cost me $23.00! She grounds to the starter so I installed it in 15 minutes and was off fishing again.

Lesson learned.

I am going to take the camera this coming weekend and get some video as promised for you all. I am very happy with the "Dis-L-Do"!

Cheers,
Bill

North Beach

Commander

Stoney,
I think those holes are to let water out of those keels and chines since they are just rivited on. I also sortof thought they were sposed to fill with water when you're setting still maybe to stabalize things. They are not supposed to be channeling water into the boat.