Attn Ezmobee!! I mean CoolBikeGuy!!!!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Here ya go bud

1251133524330imagejpeg_2.jpg

1251133166904imagejpeg_2.jpg

I have been emailing Liz...Let her know that you have to get this boat...Explained the whole boat club we are in...I think you have a great shot at it:D:D:D

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Attn Ezmobee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Kev I told EZ to just send her the money for the boat via paypal and then pick it up later today ( we all know an 18'SS is worth the money she is asking even if it had to be completely redone :D.)

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

:D:D I emailed Liz as well about the club and how good of a job EZ has done on his Jupiter and how good of a job he will do on the SS :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks Kev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickairmedic

Commander

EZ Liz just emailed me back the SS is as good as yours all ya gotta do is get there tonight :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm heading straight there after work. Ironically my wife and I usually car-pool but today she had a drs appnt so I drove myself in the truck. How convenient!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It's all good Andy. She's holding it for me and we've had a bit of dialog. I'm considering the outboard to be a non-runner. If the hull is solid and the trailer isn't rusted out I'm considering it a decent deal. Anything else will be a PLUS. Anyone know the max rated HP for these?

Rickairmedic

Commander

Give me a second EZ I have access to the 77 brochure :D its a 77 18'er be right back :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I think it is specifically rated for a 73 V4 85HP:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

EZ 150 HP for the outboard version :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Cool. Are you sure it's 150 and not 140? Got a scan of the brochure?

Rickairmedic

Commander

EZ yep its 150 the brochure is over on the yahoo starcraft group . The 18' SS could have as big as a 140 HP Merc I/O or a 150 HP outboard :D. The 77 could also be had with an OMC I/O setup:eek:.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

The funny one is the capacity on the 18' SS with an I/O you could only get a 140 but the outboard is rated at 150.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

What struck me as odd is I always thought the I/O hull and outboard hulls were the same but looking at the 18' SS the hulls are differant in width ,length aand interior depth.

Rick

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, you guys are starcraft addicts. I bet you all know how many rivets the factory used per foot, and when (if) that changed over the years.

"That is the '79 Select model with the extra 3 rivets per foot! Grab that one!" :p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Wow, you guys are starcraft addicts. I bet you all know how many rivets the factory used per foot, and when (if) that changed over the years.

"That is the '79 Select model with the extra 3 rivets per foot! Grab that one!" :p

Actually in 79 they used exactly the same amount of rivets as they did in 69..Now if you want to discuss the various models and # of knee braces, well then hold on to your hats!!!

roflmao!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Actually in 79 they used exactly the same amount of rivets as they did in 69..Now if you want to discuss the various models and # of knee braces, well then hold on to your hats!!!

roflmao!

ROFLMAO yep as Kev sid the rivet count didnt change much but we can almost tell ya which Starcraft you have now with just a picture of your knee braces :D.

Ok wheres EZ with his new Super Sport :D:D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

He better be home admiring it..lol
Come on ez......what's the scoop?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Bad news guys....I didn't buy it. It was in too rough of shape and my wife would certainly have executed me if I had drug it home. Now don't get me wrong, the sellers were nice and I think it was technically worth the $450 but certainly not much more. The hull was fairly solid and straight and it didn't look like any important pieces were missing. However the interior was pretty much not there, the outboard just plain frightened me, but the deal killer was the trailer. It was solid and I'm sure perfectly serviceable but it was a homemade type of deal. Having just rehabbed a trailer this year for the Jupiter (and it was a nightmare of a project which I am not happy with the results) I was not looking forward to doing that again.

For me to buy it it needed to have had at least a nice trailer, or an outboard you can still get parts for, or have a decent interior, OR be damn near free. As you may remember, my Jupiter was only $200 and had a Johnson on it.

It will make someone a nice boat. I told the seller that their price was fine and that they needed to mention that it was aluminum in their ad and to add some pictures and I'm sure they'll sell it. I just said it was more of a project than I felt like getting into at the moment.

I'm bummed but I'm sure another will come along. Not to mention I'm pretty damn pleased with the Jupiter right now after how well it performed for a week in Ocean City. Plus I dropped in on my Aunt and Uncle on the way home since I was in the neighborhood and it turned out that my grandmother and all my cousins were already there. So that was nice.